“Beautiful B&B, wonderful hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our final 2 nights in Texas were made all the more enjoyable because of Becky & Sam and their wonderful B&B. We stayed in the Mustang Bunkhouse and were treated to a beautiful room, bathroom & delightfully comfy (huge) bed. The home cooked breakfast was different each morning and was divine. But best of all was meeting Sam & Becky - such a lovely couple, so friendly and helpful (great advice to have dinner at Cabernet Grill down the road - they even booked us a table!) and genuine characters. We really enjoyed having breakfast with them and other guests each morning and hearing their tales. Such a shame London is so far away from Chuckwagon Inn!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We chose this place based on Trip Advisor reviews and the cast iron skillet of biscuits picture on their website. What a great choice! Upon arriving, we received a warm welcome and recommendations for restaurants and activities. The room was clean and met every expectation. We especially enjoyed the fireplace as it was unseasonably cold! The country breakfasts were homemade by Sam and Becky made sure we had everything we needed. We really enjoyed visiting with our hosts and the other guests. Sam and Becky were gracious hosts and entertaining as well! We felt like we were part of their family. I'm already planning a return trip! Thanks for your hospitality.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Beautiful location just outside Fredericksberg. Excellent views over open countryside. Quirky and original room in Larry's Chuckwagon with private deck at back, this was immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. Owners Sam and Becky were friendly and helpful, we really enjoyed sitting and chatting with them. Very nice breakfast in the dining room of the main house, which dates from the 1850's and is beautifully restored by the owners. We cannot recommend this place highly enough and when you stay, take Sam's recommendation and make sure you eat at the Cabernet Grill.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

When we arrived at the Chuckwagon Inn B&B, we knew right away this was a special place. Sam and Becky made us feel like we were family. Becky is such a gracious and lovely lady. We enjoyed every story Sam told and believe me, he has some stories to tell. It was so much fun joining Sam at the Cantina every afternoon at 5pm. He had us laughing and we all need a good laugh from time to time. Sam can cook up some fine breakfast meals. Every morning while I was sitting in the swing on the front porch of the Bolinger Cabin, I could smell breakfast cooking and it made my mouth water. I was early going to the dining table because I just could not wait to eat. My husband and I have stayed in a lot of B&B's but this is unique. The food is "real" breakfast food that you just don't find at many B&B's. I have this thing about cleanliness and our cabin was as clean as a whistle. The bed was so inviting and comfortable and we slept like a log. We recommend the Chuckwagon Inn B&B to anyone. It is fabulous!

Room Tip: If you want your own front porch swing choose the Bolinger Cabin.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Our stay at the Chuckwagon Inn while visiting the Hill Country last weekend was wonderful. The entire weekend was great, and staying at the Chuckwagon Inn was a real treat. Becky and Sam know the meaning of the word "hospitality", and the cabin we stayed in was not only very comfortable (the best sleep I've had in a long time), but was also decorated in a genuine Texas way. The full breakfast was worth the trip - I'll be heading back for some of Sam's biscuits, sausage, and gravy in the near future. Many years ago when I travelled quite a bit overseas, I frequently stayed at the Savoy Hotel in London - known as the best hotel in the world. I'm happy to say that the Chuckwagon Inn under Becky and Sam's ownership can easily be called the "Savoy of Hill Country B&B's". Andy Hewes, Houston, Texas

Room Tip: Any room/cabin would be a good choice.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

As all the reviews say, you will not be dissappointed with your stay here. My husband and I stayed in the "Pear Tree" room. The room was comfortable with a nice bed, sitting area, fireplace, and huge whirlpool shower/tub. It is wonderful to stay at this bed and breakfast because not only do you have rooms with character, but you have privacy (I dislike staying under the same roof as someone as other accomidations have). Sam gave us a dinner recommendation for a steakhouse that was fabulous (trust the man)! Breakfast was really good. You will not want to miss it. The owners Sam and Becky were so sweet and made us feel as their personal welcomed guest. Go here, relax, and enjoy fredricksburg...we sure did.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I could not have had a better experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay in Miss Becky's Kitchen. The accommodations were nicely appointed, very comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Breakfasts each morning were hearty and exceptionally well done in the Texas Hill Country tradition. Sam and Becky are delightful and very attentive to the needs of each guest. The stories and the conversation were most entertaining and an unexpected bonus. This is the kind of place that you'll want to come back to time and time again. I know we'll definitely be returning!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple