“Our New "Go To" Place In Fredericksburg”

Nature's Spa at Fredericksburg Herb Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautifully detailed and constructed of the finest materials, this 5,000-square-foot spa features multiple treatment rooms including a couples room, esthetician room, hand and foot treatment room, relaxing lounge, waiting area, sun patio, and locker rooms with far infrared saunas, and showers. Nature's Spa is located at The Fredericksburg Herb Farm, also at the Farm we have Sunday Haus Cottages where you can stay and relax in a comfortable garden environment; The Farm Haus Bistro, a fine restaurant, and the Poet's Haus Gift Shop, offering garden and gift items as well as candles, lotions, soaps and much more that are formulated on-site! In addition to these things guests can enjoy our gardens where fresh ingredients are grown and used in our restaurant and much more is grown simply for your enjoyment!
McAllen, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our New "Go To" Place In Fredericksburg”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

In the past, we have always stayed at quaint, vintage Sunday House's during our trips to Fredericksburg. This time, we decided to stay in one of the beautiful "cabins" at the Herb Farm. We loved it. The room was beautiful, clean, fresh smelling. We spent our mornings and evenings in the rocking chairs and swing on the front porch. The resident cats were quite entertaining. The complimentary breakfasts were a real treat. We expected juice, coffee, and muffins. No. They had french toast, omelets, biscuits, fruit, etc. The dining room was quite elegant and the wait staff very attentive.

This will be our new "go to" place to stay in Fredericksburg.

McAllen, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What a hidden treasure The Fredericksburg Herb Farm turned out to be! After going to Fredericksburg, Texas for well over twenty-five years, this is by far the best experience we have ever had.

We happened upon their web-site while searching for somewhere to stay recently. The Herb Farm caught our eye and we clicked on their site and were immediately interested. When I called to make reservations, the staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by an efficient staff and were immediately made to feel at home.

The accommodations are lovely, clean and roomy. After staying for so many years in bed and breakfasts with century-old house smells, it was such a nice surprise to walk into our cabin and be greeted by clean, modern (but vintage feeling) surroundings that smelled like a newly built home!

The cabin's rocking chairs and swing on the front porch were so nice to sit in and relax. We also enjoyed getting to know all the cats "on duty" and even had names for them while we were there.

We were very pleasantly surprised, also, that a fabulous breakfast was included in the cost of the room. This was not your typical "breakfast included" type meal. There were several hot entrees to choose from along with coffee and juice and we were well-taken care of by a nice wait staff who were friendly and attentive.

We cannot say enough about the experience we had at the Herb Farm. This will now be our home away from home any time we visit Fredericksburg.

1 Thank Mary B
Lake Charles, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“good food, terrible service”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

the wait for the food was long, but when it arrived we enjoyed it and felt that it was worth the wait. but when we asked for our bill, we waited for a long time- our waiter was nowhere to be found so I went up to the front desk and asked him to check on it. went back to the table and waited at least another ten minutes. My husband and I then went to the front desk together and was then told that they were having trouble with the paper in the machine. If we had been told this initially we would have understood the wait. Then our waiter (blonde, husky young man) proceeded to slam the door (the one behind the screen) and begin saying derogatory things about me. We could hear everything he was saying and I know he knew it.

7 Thank Loretta G
Kelly A, Manager at Nature's Spa at Fredericksburg Herb Farm, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
We would like to apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant. That particular server is new and did not handle the situation appropriately. We would like for you to know that this is not a common occurrence and that management promptly had a meeting with the server to discuss his actions. We are a small, family owned company and we value your business. We appreciate you joining us in the restaurant and hope that you will come back to visit in the future and give us a chance to impress you.
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Spa/ Brunch Atmosphere - A Fredricksburg Gem”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to the Herb Farm and we are so blessed to have found this amazing gem! The spa is out of this world. My mom and I have had many spa treatments at my different places over the nation, this was by far in the top 2 places I've visited. The spa is so relaxing and beautiful views of the hill country. Margaret did my me thyme massage and I was in heaven. She quickly got down to business and I could focus on relaxing. She relieved so much of my lower back pain. Rarely do I leave a place that relaxed and that was one of the rare occasions. My mother had Ila and felt the same way. We feel in love with this place. It's close enough to the city but still gives the hill country atmosphere. We are already planning our next trip back in December and to stay in those amazing cottages. The brunch was amazing. Darrell was a great hostess, so polite and kind. What a place!

2 Thank Tsass
New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great people and wonderful experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a treat to stop here for lotions and scents. Rosemary, the proprietor was amazing. The place has grown tremendously over the past five years. Glad we made the detour to return.