“Beware of changes in room rate”

Fredericksburg Hill Country Hotel
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
TX
“Beware of changes in room rate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I tried to resolve a problem with this hotel back on 10/05/13 & 10/06/13, no resolution. I sent email to manager on 10/07/13, I never received a response. I am very unhappy about the way this situation was handled. On 10/05/13 I spoke with Victoria @ the Hill Country Hotel, she told me she would call me back, she did not return my call. I called 2nd time, different number, 830-715-0088, there was no answer & went to voicemail box. I called for the 4th time because I did not hear back from Victoria, she told me there was a room available, I confirmed the price of $115.99 total & reserved the room, Victoria confirmed this amount to me over the phone. When I checked in late that night, the rate had been changed $116.99 plus tax, not the amount I confirmed @ $ 115.99 total when I booked this room. I spoke with the lady who checked us in on 10/05/13 & then with Victoria the next morning, I told them both this was not the rate I had confirmed when I booked the hotel. I am very upset because this is not the way to do business, I confirmed with Victoria the total amount of $115.99, they booked the room, then changed the rate. Until this day I have not had a response from management.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room next to elevator. We did not sleep well, all the people partying late were lo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a nice option if you are in this area. The room was very clean and at a very decent price. They offer a hot breakfast with eggs and sausage. They also have a waffle machine.

Off the dining area there is a nice feature which is a covered porch with rockers. However, it looks out at the main highway through town, but still a nice place to sit when traffic calms down.

I will stay here again the next time in town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

If you want to be just off the main drag in Fritztown this is a good place to stay. Although I was there on business it looks like kids would really enjoy the pool area. Very nice lobby area and ample parking. All in all this was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms on the first floor are always adviseable, in my opinion, when staying at a Holiday...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Harleysvile, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was typical; but loved the waffles because they were moist and tasty...also so cute in the shape of Texas! The bath towels were fine, but the hand towels need an upgrade. Our room, bed, A/C were all very comfortable but a little extra care could be made with the maintenence staff to fix curtains that are off the track and a bathroom mirror with a broken frame. Everything was clean and fresh, but some upgrades throughout would make this place more inviting and comforting. Location is convenient to downtown Fredericksburg; this location is on the west side of town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ginny P
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We booked a king room with microwave and fridge, but got one without. Our food went bad because their ice machine was not working to capacity. We booked for two nights but when we asked for a third the price doubled for some reason so we didn't stay the third night. The pool is a single lane lap pool only 3 ft deep. All that being said, it was quiet, comfortable and affordable. a few blocks from the main drag was not a far way to go and there are antique malls between so we had a great time exploring. Breakfast was mediocre but the coffee was good. The room coffee was weak and watery. The bed was very comfortable. My husband has a bad shoulder and slept very well. Large bathroom was refreshing. All in all a disappointing stay but a wonderful weekday vacation away from the kids.

Room Tip: Remember when checking in to ask for a fridge and microwave or you won't get it
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I tried to book online "Priceline" but for some add reason it didn't go through . So I came in and talked to Victoria a very friendly and professional lady at the front desk . She took care of everything and went out her way to make me and my family welcome. She was very helpful and cordial , the hotel was clean and cozy, they also offer hot breakfast , a very peaceful hotel . Victoria is very organized I noticed she kept everything under control , I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get a warm human welcoming and feel comfortable . On my next trip to Fredericksburg TX I look forward to staying at this hotel again . I was very impressed by the staff specially Victoria and the cleanliness of this hotel along

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MaurerAnna
corpus christi, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I will continue to stay at this hotel only if I can book an upstairs room opposite the highway side of the hotel. (You have to count cars and tractor trailers instead of sheep to fall asleep on the highway side!) FHC does have an elevator. FHC is competitively priced, housekeeping is clean, has a new tiled entry and breakfast area, serves a decent breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, cereal etc...Walls are thin and you can easily hear conversation and TV chatter depending how loud the next room has the volume. I did like the fact that our room did not have the perverbial nasty bedspread or bed cover, just the sheets with ample pillows, and a folded light throw blanket. Don't know if that was by design or if they were at the cleaners. I usually rip off the nasty bedspread and throw it in the corner anyway. I've stayed in this hotel three times before and enjoyed the stay. Front desk service is second to none. Ms. V did a good job. FHC is on the west side on the outskirts of town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple