“Dump!”

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Antonio, Texas
“Dump!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I arrived to find no ice in the hotel. No phone at all. It had been removed because it didn't work. Not even a clock. My handicapped son asked for another pillow and he was told they don't have any extras. I will NEVER stay at this old run down dump again. Did I mention the toilet is so loose it may fall over at anytime?

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Ameriksuites M, Manager at Fredericksburg Hill Country Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Making our guests stay as pleasant as possible is our goal, therefore we strive for excellence.For years now we have catered many satisfied guests. While many have had a good experience, we are sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as you expected. Your comments are not taken for granted, we will surely look into the areas that you mentioned need our attention. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
DALLAS, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family really enjoyed this hotel. It isn't fancy so don't go there expecting anything fancy. It is an older hotel, but what do you expect for the great price. I paid half of what some of the other hotels were charging and they really didn't seem any better on the outside then this place. I do have to mention that it is right next to a cemetery which might creep some people out. The celings were high which made the rooms seem bigger. The beds were ok, cable TV was good, and the sheets were clean. The breakfast was better than I expected. It included a variety of things such as waffles, biscuits and gravy, and bagels, etc..... The front desk employees were very nice./ I think the people giving bad reviews need to stop comparing this place to the Ritz and review it based on what it is, a small hometown inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
AmeriKSUITESLaredo, Manager at Fredericksburg Hill Country Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for providing us wit your valued feedback. We are happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We will take action to focus on areas mentioned that require our attention, so that your next stay can be more rewarding. Thank you once more for your comments and looking forward to see you back soon.
Houston TX
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel needs your money for urgent repairs and improvements. Trash and weeds greet you at the entrance. The hallways need vacuuming. The carpets and curtains throughout are very dated and old, dark and shabby. In our room the wallpaper was stapled up, the carpets were stained, the towels were grungy and abrasive. At breakfast the coffee was cold and there was no creamer. I hope our $140 for the night helps them change at least one spot for the better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The room was filthy due to stains on the furniture and floor. There was no soap provided in our room. There was no phone provided in our room due to a glitch from installing the security system. The a/c unit did not work therefore we were baking in our sleep. The "manager" was extremely ill-mannered when informed of the above listed issues. She informed my family there was nothing she could do because we had already been charged for the room and because the woman covering the front desk never left her a note of problems for her review. This place is revolting and they blamed in on new management.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a room in town, this is not the place to go. The hotel is under new managemen...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank keo121
Thank you very much for your feedback for this enables us to place our attention to areas of the hotel that might need special attention. We appreciate your support as a valued guest. We apologize for not making your stay as pleasant as you expected it to be. Be sure that your comments will be heard and action will be taken to better the service provided to, you, our valued guests. Thank you once more for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Sour Lake, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This place was great for the money.It was clean,well located to Main street, & the staff were nice.For the price,you can't beat it.If you want the Ritz,go somewhere else.The breakfast was so-so,but I'm not very big on breakfast anyway.I would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seaark1
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2013

While this hotel looked lovely online, our experience has been a nightmare. Upon arrival, we were charged a $50/day fee for our service animals. I have NEVER been charged for my service animals, and tried to explain by providing their crudentials and badges. The lady at the desk charged our credit card, and refused to contact the manager for us. She finally gave us his number,but told us we would have to use our own phone. We then decided not to stay at this hotel and ask for a refund, which she refused. We called the manager, the desk attendent refused to speak with him. We ultimately left and contacted our credit card company directly. We were forced to find a new hotel at 9pm, after a long day of travel already. We tried to contact the manager several times for several days and was given multiple times, " I'll get back with you." We also contacted Howard Johnson's upper management because on our credit card statement it showed that this was a Howard Johnson Hotel. We were surprised to find that just days before our scheduled stay, this hotel was no longer affiliated with this hotel chain. I would be very careful when making reservations at this establishment. It has been almost a month and still we have no resolution.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmm48
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Overall we had a nice stay. I did find it odd that the front-desk person charged my credit card up front rather than at check-out, which caused some issues since I was going to be splitting the room with someone. She told me they were under new management, and it seems they're trying to get a handle on things. The rooms could use some updating and maintenance, but it was quiet and the bed was comfortable enough. I stayed in a much nice room in New Braunfels for the same price, so I probably would not stay here again unless I just could not find anything nicer for the same price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends