All reviews room was clean an older hotel make your own waffles other hotels in the area the main drag decent breakfast the staff was friendly and helpful a king size bed close to downtown free breakfast wraparound toiletries rockers porch kitchenette tx
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Good friendly, service. Nice, clean rooms.
I stay at Holiday Inn Express often as I can depend on them!
One warning. The hotel is laid out parallel to U.S. Highway 87,
so I strongly suggest requesting a room AWAY from the highway
(even numbered rooms).
Also, there are no ice or vending machines on the 2nd floor.
But, the room was well equipped, had a flat panel TV and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
AmeriKSUITESLaredo, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Effective May 1, 2011 Breakfast has been enhanced to a Full Hot American Breakfast Buffet Bistro. Due to brand new management, we have improved in guest relations, customer relations, and other related fields to maximize guest satisfaction. We like to extend our thanks once again for your continued loyal support.

Reviewed 4 June 2008

I arrived in Fredericksburg at 4 am and the motel I wanted to stay at was, of course, closed. Thank goodness the Holiday Inn Express was open! The front desk was very friendly and helpful-- she even gave us a goodie bag with water and snacks! We asked if we could check in later than the standard 12 pm, and she let us stay until 2 pm (and the front desk person the next day knew about it-- I had an experience at another hotel where the night person didn't let the day time person didn't know and was knocking on the door at noon). The next day, the front desk person was very helpful and pointed out some places of interest, gave us tips on places to eat, etc-- she even had menus from the restaurants for us to look over before committing to a place to eat!

The only thing that is keeping me from giving it an "excellent" rating is that the elevator smelled really funky. Kind of like a public bathroom...

Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed 14 May 2008

I would highly recommend this hotel. And yes, it's a good idea to ask for a room away from the highway, as it is in any hotel located on a highway, if you are sensitive to those things. It was hot for May while we were there (95 degrees) so the air conditioner was running most of the time, and that effectively blocked out any potential noise. The hotel looks new, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The linens are all branded with the Smart tag - Smart Towels, Smart bedsheets, Smart pillows, etc. They were all clean, white, and soft. I loved the bed! My king was so comfy. And instead of the requisite slick, cheesy comforter that inevitably slips off the bed and tangles in your feet, the bed was covered in a simple blanket sandwiched between two luxe sheets, with a soft throw at the foot of the bed. There were lots of pillows (marking them Soft and Firm I guess makes them Smart) and extras in the closet. The bathroom was very nice with lots of Smart towels (slightly bigger and more plush than typical hotel towels). The room was slightly larger than the average room, and included a desk and a chair/ottoman, iron and ironing board. The bathroom included a hair dryer, and Smart toiletries, plus the tub has one of those curved shower rods that gives you more room in the shower. There is no business center, but included with the room was a hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls, toast, cold cereal, yogurt, juices. You won't leave hungry. There is a small lap pool on the side of the hotel that felt good on sidewalk-weary feet.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank headnclouds

Reviewed 12 April 2008

In general, I like Holiday Inn Express hotels - in particular, the beds, choice of pillows, the showerhead & the recent addition of hot foods to the breakfast bar. This was a fairly typical property. LIghting in the room was good. Unlike some Holiday Inn Express hotels, this one did not have a complementary computer in the lobby for guests to use. The breakfast area was not crowded when we ate but there are only 5 fairly large tables - there must be busy times when no seating is available. There is plenty of room for more tables - especially if they used slightly smaller ones. The scrambled eggs tasted ok but had some funny "lumps" - like they hadn't stirred them enough - not nearly as good as I've had at other locations.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I would warn anyone who is planning a trip to Fredricksburg to avoid the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in this town. The bed was like sleeping on the edge of a sinkhole. You roll to the middle of the king sized bed into a giant crater.

The smokers are across the hall from non-smokers and my room smelled like a brothel. I couldn't breathe a breath of fresh air.

The people across the hall argued, yelled, slammed doors, stomped up and down the hall all night. At 2:00 and 2:30 AM I called the front desk and asked for someone to have them quiet down and was told I could call the police.

It is directly adjacent to the highway the entire length of the building so anyone on that side will enjoy huge trucks downshifting all night as well as cars reving their engines to make it up the hill or around the bend.

It is not a new hotel, it is an OLD hotel just barely repainted with a Holiday Inn Express sign on the front.

Take your chances. I won't be back. There is a Hampton Inn newly built in town and the price is enough to keep the rif-raf OUT.

Toni Roden

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank TheScreamer