“Adorable and convenient!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Houston, Texas
“Adorable and convenient!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Cottage during a weekend getaway to Fredericksburg. The cottage is older and has antique charm, but has enough modern amenities that you won't feel too out of touch. The house was very clean and everything was very easy to find as needed. It seemed like as soon as we had a question, we'd look down and there would be a note from the owner that answered it, for example, the wireless password.

The concept of a 'block' in Fredericksburg (as in, the house is 4 blocks from main street) appears to be slightly askew from what we were used to (country block maybe?), but the location is still very convenient for getting to town. We didn't use the car at all while we were there. There are bikes at the cottage, but they have seen better days. So if you have your own and plan on using them a lot, it might be a good idea to bring.

In summary, the house is very charming and has what you need for a getaway stay. There are only 2 'real' beds, so I think it would feel pretty crowded if you were trying to have 6 people stay there, especially for an extended period of time.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location and charming antiques
Liked least: May be difficult to find rainy day activities, with the TV's being older
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TX
Reviewed 20 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Highland Village

Reviewed 16 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

tx
Reviewed 15 June 2012 for a stay in May 2011

Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing