“Kitchen heaven!”
Review of Der Kuchen Laden

Der Kuchen Laden
Ranked #4 of 46 Shopping in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This store is jam packed with all the kitchen tools, gadgets, accoutrements and whatevers that any foodie ever dreamed of. Makes Williams-Sonoma look minimalist. Helpful and friendly sales people were delighted to tell you what that strange device hanging second from the left is for. Also has a nice courtyard right by the door so the non-cooking member of your party and relax while you shop.

2  Thank goldieOK

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Even the shops in Paris France or Carmel California are not as cool and wonderful as Der Kuchen Laden. It's like a little german town all on its own. My gosh, even the restrooms out back are cool! The staff are all great and helpful without being obnoxious. We went to do some last minute Christmas shopping and it was packed, but all the staff were very helpful and made time for us. I needed something they did not have (and I have looked for for years!!!), but Kathi Lopez ordered it and sent it all the way to me in Nebraska! Not to sound snotty, but I've gone to kitchen stores all over the US, France, UK and Mexico, and not one has ever been as well stocked. Certainly none have ever been as much fun either! If you ever get to Fredericksburg and love to cook BE SURE to go to Der Kuchen Laden. The store is in an old stone building on a corner on the east side of Main Street. Do yourself a favor and carve out at least an hour to see just a little of it. It will be an experience of a lifetime if you love to cook!

2  Thank Meligirl
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

You could come in here with a list of kitchen items that you want or need, however half of the fun is browsing the many rooms of endless gadgets. They have kitchen tools that I had no idea I needed. The staff is so friendly and so helpful. I get educated every time I visit!

2  Thank JoInTexas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

surprised this little store is not higher up the list. Extremely little quaint and interesting store. Most items I thought were reasonably priced. Not a very large store from outside appearance, but absolutely crammed with kitchen type items. Lot hard to find or discontinued items from years back as well. Restraining my wife is always the biggest problem with this store, always spends a lot of my money here. (cookie cutter buff). Not usually considered a guy thing, but I enjoy looking. Only pricey items seemed to be their knife sets, but German steel is usually outstanding quality.
Lots of nick knacks. Rows are tight and can be difficult getting thru if busy.

4  Thank GaryTracySr
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was totally blown away by this little store! They have pretty much everything imaginable for your kitchen. My five-year-old daughter loved the kid-sized cooking utensils. I ended up buying more for her than for myself!

Der Kuchen Laden is located in an old hospital building. The products are in all of the various rooms and kind of wind around the building. There's also a wine tasting area. (My husband loved the mead!) Give yourself plenty of time to explore this charming store, and don't expect to leave empty-handed!

6  Thank SugarLandExplorer