“Our weekend in Fredericksbury, TX”

Best Western Plus Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Our weekend in Fredericksbury, TX”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. Once you were inside your room you did not know if anyone else was in the hotel. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We even had a small sofa in our room which was very nice so we did not have to sit on a bed all the time. Nice front porch with rockers so that you could enjoy the cool mornings and evenings. Will be staying here again when we return to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for one night during the week while visiting Fredericksburg.

The good: Nicely appointed budget hotel with a decent breakfast, friendly staff and conveniently located.

The bad: At 0600 in the morning we heard constant door slamming from nearby rooms. The doors close hard and it was impossible to sleep during this time.

Upon getting to our room we found a large chinese takeout styrofoam tray in the trashcan left by the previous guest. It took up the entire trash can and was somehow missed by housekeeping. My wife also stepped on a used throat lozenge he next morning that stuck to her foot. Pretty gross. Apparently the room wasn't cleaned well at all, nor vacummed after the last guest left. We didn't make an issue of it at the time.

Upon checking out the front desk asked the lady in front of me how everything was and she replied, "Great, as usual." She asked the guest if she used Trip Advisor and gave her a card with some information to review the hotel.

When it came to me I said overall things were good but pointed out the few problems in the way of constructive criticism. The clerk was apologetic, but didn't ask me about Trip Advisor, nor provide me with the card she provided the guest before me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanPoopatine
Brownfield, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I was driving through town and decided to spend the night. They had only one room left, but we had to pay $200 which was to much for the room. The ac didn't work and there was carpet laying all over the parking lot. Three or four hours after we left the next day I realized that had left something in the room so I call the hotel and was told that housekeeping had left for the day and to call back the next day. I called the next day and was told they didn't find anything but if I call back the next day they would housekeeping one more time. SoI called back and again they couldn't find anything so they said I didn't leave anything. If I didn't why would I be calling? Can't find honest people anymore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jimmy S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

While we were trying to get a hotel in an unfamiliar city, this person was the only nice person to welcome us into her hotel and check to see if there is vacancy. She gave us a great room and made us feel at home when we were far away from home actually.

Room Tip: Don't speak to Lora! She will trick you and overcharge you to give up your room and move into a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was born and raised in Fredericksburg and it has always been known for its friendly demeanor! I can't say that for any of the staff that worked there except for one nice cleaning lady! The lady at night that checked us in was friendly but every other front desk person was rude and disrespectful and not friendly or happy to greet the guest! My family was having a huge party on Saturday the 26th and had recommended this hotel! After receiving my feedback along with others that she referred, I can say that it will never be referred again! During the week we paid $99 which was a good price considering, but the weekend price was $159 a night and they only serve breakfast from 6:30 until 9:30! I heard all the guest coming in and out of the hotel also complaining about the rude staff (none spoke English except for the front desk) and the terrible breakfast and hours! They were cleaning up the breakfast by 9:10 and started saying how we just arrived so we needed to "hurry" so they could finish cleaning! The beds were comfortable but the odor inside the hotel was sour and musty! Not a pleasant smell! I had called down to the front desk and asked for regular and no decaf to be left in the room and I was told that I could get my coffee from downstairs! The parking lot was full of pulled up and ripped out carpet that was left laying in a parking spot all weekend! It smelled horrible! The side doors were broken and insecure so security of the guests was not a priority! And I heard several guest complaining that their AC did not work! For a small town with huge tourist profits and excursions, Best Western is not worth the stay unless you don't mind minimal service, rude customer service and definitely not your money's worth!

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Tex-OmaGirl
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. Both times the staff have been very helpful and nice. The hotel was clean and comfortable. When you walk in you get the feel of the Hill Country. I would without a doubt recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice clean comfortable place to enjoy Fredricksburg. The beds were super comfortable and their are tons of pillows on the beds and I love that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Beaumont, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We frequently visit Fredericksburg and each time we do this is where we stay. Very nice rooms, pool, and hot tub. And it is relatively quiet.

The price is good compared to the other chain hotels in town. I personally like the location since it is a little way away from the main strip.

There is a very good breakfast in the mornings that is free with your stay. And the staff has always been very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013