“Really nice Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This hotel is brand new and is mostly an excellent place. Everything is clean, new, smells good, rooms are large. They have a pool, which we did not use, unlike anything I have seen at a hotel of this level. It's huge, has a large island, a waterfall, a little slide for kids, and lots of nice chaise lounges. I don't know what possessed them to build it. The breakfast area is large, and the food is better prepared than at most HIE's that we have visited. All Holiday Inns have the same menu, but often we have found their signature cinnamon rolls to be dried out and tasteless. Bacon was excellent, sausage and gravy was excellent. Some of that good Fredericksburg cooking.

The downsides are:
1. the internet was not working. The wireless signal was fine, but there was little throughput. A page would take minutes to come up. When I told the desk clerk that it wasn't working, he first said, "Yes, it is." When I presented him with my laptop, he at least acknowledged but had no solution.
2. In an unusual move for Holiday Inn Exp, they offer a premium room with a "hill country" view. I tried it, but don't. You're looking through power lines and across a road and buildings and can see a hill in the distance. They should actually be ashamed of merchandising it.

All in all, assuming they will fix the internet, really an excellent Holiday Inn. You could walk to Main St. if you're a hiker, but only a very short drive.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the view. All the rooms have nice balconies, but if you aspire to use it, s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I try to stay at a Holiday Inn everytime we travel, and by far - this was the nicest and friendlist one yet. Vicki at the Front Desk was very helpful with suggesting shops and wineries near by. Extremely clean, great breakfast, awesome pool area, and just a couple of blocks off of Main Street.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tracy t
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This hotel is new, so of course, I could go on and on about how nice it was to stay here. I will say for a family this hotel is AWESOME! From the large room with room for 5-6 (with the sleeper sofa) which included a microwave and refrigerator, it was comfortable for our family of five.

The breakfast was standard HIE fare, so not impressive, but a wide variety of choices - warm/cold, eggs, bacon/sausage, gravy & biscuits, cereal, yogurt, four juices, milk, 2 coffees.

The pool, well, the pool was/is AMAZING! A small lazy river with built in currents, small and big waterfalls, 2 slides and 2 beachlike entrances with gentle slopes into the water - perfect for the little ones. Hot tub was huge, too.

Only concern - mosquitoes were pretty bad at night around pool. It would be nice if they used a misting system or something.

Otherwise, perfect! I would stay here with just my wife over the B&B experiences we have had in Fredericksburg. I would stay here again with my family w/o question. And if I ever had a large family get-together/reunion - this is the place I would choose!

Room Tip: We were on the outside of the hallway, meaning not overlooking the pool. It was quiet and I would re...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnnyBGood812
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Drove by this HI while staying at a bed and breakfast a few months ago. Was drawn in by the pool. Awesome hotel. Everything is immaculate. Front desk was very efficient. Pool has a lazy river and 2 separate slides with a waterfall. Great hot tub (large enough to fit at least 20 people without being overcrowded). Hub and I went down one night after dinner with our wine and plopped our butts in the hot tub! Met new folks but it wasn't uncomfortable. Of course being from Texas we talk to everyone who'll listen! Ended up staying in the hot tub, then jumped in the pool and slid down the slide. Yep, I'm 49, went down the slide like I was a teenager! Great fun! Can't wait to go back! Only downfall was breakfast. If you're looking for a tasty one, go somewhere and buy it. Definitely can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I don't think any of them are real quiet. We stayed on the back side, but everyone lets their d...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Beautiful resort style pool and hotel in Texas! The staff was very helpful, catering to our every need and the breakfast buffet was kept well stocked, despite being booked to capacity that weekend. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable. We could not have been happier with our stay.

Room Tip: Balcony facing the pool was wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katelyn B
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Returning from a beach trip we decided to take a slight detour to Fredericksburg. We were pleasantly surprised to find this brand new HIE! It still had that "new hotel smell"! Stayed in a king room with a view of the best-looking hotel pool I've ever seen complete with a slide and waterfalls. What impressed me more than that was the fact that there was a lifeguard on duty! We visited on a weekend and I didn't ask i f the lifeguard was there full-time or just weekends. There were several families there for a reunion so we hustled down to breakfast, thinking they would run out of food! Not to worry...there was plenty of bacon, eggs, biscuits, and gravy! Service was exemplary, and staff were very helpful. Only drawback is price...$214.00 (tt&l)!

Room Tip: Get a view of the pool! If you have kids they won't be in the room until the pool closes-10:00p...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Redmimi47
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend that we were in Fredericksburg. We were not expecting much due to its low rating, at the time, on trip advisor. Upon arrival we were very surprised to find out that the hotel was nearly brand new! The staff was very welcoming and cheerful throughout the duration of our stay. Our room was absolutely amazing! It had a good size bathroom, microwave, refrigerator, nice TV, "office" area, a deck with comfortable chairs overlooking the beautiful pool. We did not have the breakfast, but that was only because we wanted to try the bakery in the historical district. We walked by the fitness center and it was very clean with really nice equiptment (the treadmill and elliptical had personal TV's attached to them). The hotel is within walking distance to the historical distance, however my husband and I decided to drive because it was HOT! We are definitely going to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple