“Balcony for One!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Balcony for One!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Booked two king rooms for my sister and I. Both were to have balcony views of the pool. Our room's balcony was the width of an average door with room for one chair. My sister's room had a spacious balcony with plenty of room for two chairs. Other than that we found the rooms to be very spacious, clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was fine although we did have trouble finding a table to sit at on the Sunday morning. It really helps that this is a new hotel especially since chain hotels in Fredericksburg appeared limited.

Room Tip: My room was 208 (virtually no balcony). Room 210 had an extra large room and balcony. Both rooms wer...
1 Thank Tebby1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed at the hotel recently found everything very nice and clean. Breakfast was great and the pool is beautiful. Other reviewers mentioned noise but I didn't notice. Everything was very quiet. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Nice location. Rooms were clean and up to date. The pool area looked great....not open for season during our stay. Good value. We went to visit wineries in the area. Close to main street where we ate breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
Glennville, Georgia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

we were well pleased with our recent stay. In fact everything was excellent. Check in was friendly and quick. In fact staff brought luggage cart around to back entry for us which was much appreciated. We had a quiet room on the third floor overlooking the pool. Despite it being spring break in that area, with the property being completely booked, we experienced no loud noise on our floor. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Maybe not my choice of pillows, but not bad. Many people eating breakfast at same time but kitchen staff handled it very well. They brought out fresh food and kept items stocked. In fact, this was one of the better hotel breakfasts that we had on Texas trip. Chose this property as it was one of the newer ones in Fredericksburg and made an excellent choice! Had a little trouble finding it as it is not on the main street in town. Locals was quick to help though.Staff was helpful on directions and needed information. This will be my first choice when again in this area.

Room Tip: Corner top floor was quiet.Heard no noise.
1 Thank Gstrc501
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a new facility. I often stay at Holiday Inn Express for business and you generally can't go wrong with a new facility. But there were a few negatives with this stay. First of all, there seems to be more noise between floors that normal for a Holiday Inn. I could hear the guests above stomping around, and I could hear myself and my kids walking on the floor and it was clear the room below me could hear it. I have never experienced this before at a Holiday Inn. Also, check in time is 3 p.m. I showed up early at 10:45, and they reminded me of the check in time and said they would do what they could. I came back at 1:30 p.m. and still no room. On the one hand, I do not expect a room before check in time but, on the other hand, I don't believe they made any extra effort whatsoever. I got my room at 3 p.m. I think it is fair to share this info. I think hotels in general could do a better job coordinating room preparation for early arrivals. Lastly, two streets merge at the hotel parking lot and it is a little tricky getting in and out. Having said all that, the rooms are nice and new and the staff was generally friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear MrBoingo,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our room and staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding sound proofing and customer service. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Graham, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We have just returned home after a 5 night visit to Fredericksburg's Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
We found our room to be excellent, clean, comfortable bed with ample space for our tandem. We requested and were given a downstairs room close to the exit door as we were there mainly for biking. Halls were well lit and wide which made maneuvering luggage and bicycle a breeze. Though we had planned to stayed for an entire week a change in plans required we checkout 3 days earlier than expected. We encountered nothing but kindness and appreciation from the hotel staff. We will definitely stay here again. Our only disappointment was the loud noise during the evenings in the pool area. The pool area is comfortable spacious and clean. Fire-pits lit at night make for a lovely atmosphere however between the road traffic and the possible air conditioning compressors conversation was nearly impossible.

Charlotte
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here on the recommendation of someone in town. The room was clean and it was quieter than staying on the main street. Laundry facility was available which was nice. The free hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends