“Nice Place to Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We visit Fredericksburg every year and this was our first year to choose this hotel. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool, and it was very nice. The hotel was clean, and my kids loved the large pool. The free breakfast was nice and clean and had plenty of items to choose from. We did think the price was a little high for a Holiday Inn Express (around $200 a night), but we felt it was worth it in the end! Definitely the nicest, cleanest hotel in town.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This Holiday Inn was a bit noisy from the street traffic and the tons of kids there for vacation but that suddenly didn't matter when after leaving I discovered I had lost my wedding ring. We returned to the motel. They were very sympathetic and gave me a new key to go back to the room. We got there just as housekeeping was leaving. She went to her cart and pulled out my ring wrapped in a piece of paper with a note that said where and when it was left. I couldn't thank her and the management enough for their ethics. She could have very easily said she hadn't seen it. I'll put up with a little noise to deal with nice people and a trustworthy staff! I'm going back again...although probably not in the summer when there are so many kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and away from the road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Took my family here for three days. I have a 17 year old and a 5 year old and the pool is perfect for family's. They had two slides and lots of kids swimming around for them to play with.

The rooms were very nice. They were clean with a refrigerator and separate sitting area.

All the staff that I encountered were very nice.

The hotel is about two blocks away from the main street where all the action is. It's close enough if you don't mind walking or you can make the short drive.

If your brining young kids with you to town this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay off Main St. Not far from everything. Pool is very relaxing and reminds me of a resort. Rooms very nice. Lobby nice and quite. Breakfast bar nice and is typical of Holiday Inn Express. Overall a great three night stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and I live about 2 hours away from Fredericksburg and it is our favorite place to visit when we need to get away for a few days. We have stayed at 3 different motels in this town and this is the one that we will be returning to when we come the next time.

We stayed in a King suite which was on the 3rd floor and we had a wonderful view of the pool area. (Unfortunately we forgot our swim suits.) Air conditioning worked great. Bathroom was roomy and towels were thick and absorbent. The linens on the bed were of a good quality and everything is white, so you know that all the sheets, blankets etc. are laundered in hot water and are very clean! The room itself had lots of room to move around and a very comfortable arm chair with good lighting. (I hate having to sit on a bed to read or watch tv.) The carpet passed my "ok to walk barefoot" test. Breakfast was good and had plenty of options to choose from. We stayed Wed - Friday and the breakfast area was never crowded.

I am a picky traveler and this place gets a big thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The hotel is not quite a year old and very convenient. The front desk staff is particularly helpful and the room we had was large with nice amenities. The complimentary breakfast is adequate but the eggs were not that great (the frozen kind). Great cinnamon rolls, bacon, oatmeal packets, bananas, biscuits and gravy, and assorted bagels or toast. The coffee is adequate but not great but they do have a nice selection of hot tea. Nice new furnishings and very soft sheets.

Room Tip: The suites have a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave but only styrofoam cups so you might want...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Texmission
Reviewed 19 May 2013

After staying in areas where only Mom and Pop motel/hotels were, it is pure relief and joy to return to Fredericksburg's Holiday Inn Express. This new property, located about 1/2 mile from the town's main street, is a delight in every sense, for the price. Reservations for weekends are a must, as it fills up with all the town's activities. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms very clean, very nice bedding, well lit baths, lush towels, large screen TVs, sound proofed rooms, complimentary coffee and tea in rooms plus full breakfast in lobby. The pool is 'resort style' with slides and landscaping and there is a small workout room. What's not to like? We now search out a Holiday Inn Express in every town that we can and skip the Mom and Pop hotels as they do not update/improve as needed. The only thing the HIE needs is a magnified make-up mirror in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor, if available, for convenience. Often times, they will upgrade you to help you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple