“Perfect for our needs!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a suite so that while in town we were able to have our daughter and family come and watch the Super Bowl with us. There was plenty of room for everyone's comfort and with 2 TVs the children had their own "Super Bowl Party" with "Toy Story 2!"

The room was immaculate. The breakfast was fantastic. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The pool looks like it will be SO much fun when the weather warms up. Rooms on the back may be quie...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here because our friends were staying here. I would have rather stayed closer to Main Street (about .5 miles away), but it wasn’t too big of a deal. This looks like a new three story hotel. For the money, this place should have been on Main Street.
First impression is everything. When we arrived, we asked if we could check in. We were promptly told “no” that we would have to wait… That check-in is not until 3pm. It was 2:38pm. They lady was rude. No “Hi”, “Hello” or anything you would expect from the face of your hotel. I’m not sure if this person worked the Front Desk, but if she’s going to be behind the counter representing you, then she needs to have better Customer Service. We went to get a snack and returned at 4pm. There were two different women working the desk. They were much nicer and a lot more professional than the other lady. Checking in no problem, gave us a first floor room (no balcony) facing the pool. We were close to the ice machine and the back door to the parking lot.
Nice overall large room, very clean with very high ceilings. Only thing… The person above us must have had heavy feet, because we felt every step (boom, boom, boom)… And they stepped a lot! At least it wasn’t all night. There were also some people out in the halls talking. You could hear every word as if you were standing there next to them. So I guess the walls are a little thin? This is my only complaint…
The pool was very nice, just too cold to use. They did have two fire pits and we used it every night we were there.
The free breakfast had a good assortment. Each morning was a little different, so a nice change. They had juices, milk and coffee. Toast, pastries, bagels, pancakes (made fresh), waffles, cereals, bananas, etc… The hot stuff, they had scrambled eggs (I think they were powdered), sausage, biscuits and gravy. The next morning they had pre-made omelettes, ham, biscuits and gravy.
Overall a good stay. I would rather be next to Main Street, but this works as a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear wmld3,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast selection that was served. However, I am sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory during your stay. Kindly be assured that your review will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Let me start by saying, we love holiday inn express. It is our go to hotel when we are traveling and this is the 4th one we have stayed in in the last 5 months. However, I would not stay at this one again. While the hotel is nicely appointed, brand new, and has an amazing pool, it is one of the noisiest hotels I have stayed at in a long time. The doors to the rooms slam loudly, you can hear every word people are saying in the hall, and if someone is in the room above, you can hear every step they take. It was very disruptive to our sleep and general relaxation on the trip. Very disappointing since we have come to expect much more from this brand.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Houston2HCMC
Holiday E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

I want to apologize for the noise issue during your stay . Anything that means our guests do not
enjoy their stay is a big issue for us. I hope you will come and stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to make sure that your next stay is perfect.

thanks you for your comments

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We went to Fredricksburg Tx. for a sisters get a way, we normally stay at a B&B but they were booked, so we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, I can't say enough good things about it, the rooms were so clean they looked and smelled new, the staff was great, the manager Linda made it a point to visit with everyone that was in the dinning area eating breakfast! Which by the way was free and I don't mean coffee and Danish it was a full breakfast! Which was great the ladies that worked keeping the breakfast filled so it would be hot for everyone did a great job! Like I said I can't say enough good about it! We will stay there from now on!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank bulldpog
Holiday E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments , we really enjoy hearing them . We want all our guests to feel this way and look forward to hosting you and your parents again soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My parents and I stayed here over the weekend. First off, this hotel is clean, modern, green, fairly newly built. Our stay was stellar. Rooms were spacious, bed was comfy, bathroom clean, room itself was clean. Cable tv with HBO, Microwave and Fridge in the room, free internet if you get the password from the front desk and good connection speed. It lived up to ALL of my expectations of a hotel stay. I slept well, we were on the second floor and I didn't notice much noise except the occasional person walking by in the hallway.

My only negative is it is a bit pricey. However, keep in mind Fredericksburg is a tourist town so the rates will be higher than any other small town. I happen to think the extra $$ was worth the stay this time.

There was a full breakfast in the morning which my family and I really enjoyed, enough selection to be satisfied and plenty of coffee! Breakfast area is comfy with fireplace and plenty of seating, big open spacious area. This was a great stay.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the second floor, they seemed quiet enough.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Holiday E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thanks so much for your kind comments, my employees take great pride in what they do and we
want all of our guests to feel the same way you do . Yes the hotel is priced high but in line with the
rest of the market, and yes Fredericksburg is a very big tourist town hence the higher rates.
You might want to consider coming during the week as the rates a much lower during the week.
Thanks again for your comments and have a wonderful holiday season , Merry Christmas

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Clean rooms, good breakfast. Front desk was welcoming and then became overly chatty. Probably not a good idea to share your bad day of no hot water for guests, with guests checking in. She quickly told us it had been fixed. Chalked it up to we all have bad days.

Overpriced - I could have spent the same for a B & B -- I made the reservations late, so it's my fault I didn't find a lower rate. I would stay there again if I get a better rate.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Holiday E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

We appreciate your kind remarks and you are right , the clerk probably shouldn't have mentioned the hot water issue. We do welcome feedback of any kind and will take note of your comments.
I am sorry you feel the rate was to high, we do want you to come back . When booking a future stays keep in mind the weekends the rates are much higher then weekdays.We do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We just stayed and the Holiday Inn in Fredericksburg this weekend for the first time. Normally we stay in B&Bs around town but we changed it up.

Funny, I was saying that I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious room, the awesome pool area and the tasty breakfast, and 10 minutes later I swore this hotel off vowing never to stay again.

Our room was booked by a third party company and when we initially checked in, the front desk person seemed confused and said it wasn't prepaid. After a few minutes back and forth she said she figured it out and that she needed a credit card for incidentals.

Sure enough there was a pending charge for $180 on the card (which is an outrageous price and why I am rating the value poor). We swung by the front desk to ask and the lady there started helping us. THEN entered Linda stage left.

I'm going to spare you the majority of the exchage, but net of it she was rude, abrassive and not helpful. But she was sure to say "I understand" after being all of those things. Luckily she butted out of it and the originial person figured it out.

After the rude person and their attempt to charge my credit card for the room without telling me, I can guarantee I will not stay here again. Experience what Fredericksburg is about and call First Class B&B instead.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Sarah M
Holiday E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

I am sorry that you felt that the staff was rude, your comments indicate how much you loved the hotel and in the next breath you talk about not returning , I don't believe your comments are fair or warranted, the reason you became upset was not the hotel's fault we could not get approval on the 3rd parties credit card, this was not the hotel's fault , when told that we were sorry but if we couldn't get approval we would have to bill your credit card ,your response was then I will dispute the charges. Is this fair to the hotel? When one stays at a hotel they are expected to pay . The credit card issue was not the hotels fault we had been trying continually to get approval on the card and apologized to you over and over again and explained that we would keep trying. You made no effort to contact the 3rd party and just said you would dispute the charges. You indicate that you loved the hotel but then basically were not going to pay for your stay , is that fair to the hotel . Especially when we apologized over and over again , but your response is that we were the ones that were rude. I think that telling us that you were not going to pay for your room saids it all.