“Great for kids”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this HI Express with two kids. They loved the pool. I mean this hotel could have been anywhere and the kids would have loved it. We drove to town to shop and have dinner. We also took a day trip to seaworld . The breakfasts were good. Better than most free breakfasts. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I never really give big hotel chains much credit for the extra service they sometimes provide for their customers. Having said that, I wasn’t expecting very much going in to this place. No particular reason, I just wasn’t expecting some grand hotel. Nevertheless, I was definitely satisfied with my stay.

My check-in process was quick and easy; the front desk was nice and courteous. I was a bit surprised how big my room was and how clean everything appeared to be. I can usually find where the hotel might have patched up a hole, painted over some grime, etc. etc. but nothing of the such was found in this room (I can only speak for my room). The shower was clean which was A++ for me. I am sure I’m not the only one who inspects the shower thoroughly upon arrival to my room.

Other amenities includes the pool which was nice and clean. There are towels available down at the pool for you to use. There were also lifeguards on duty when I was there. I was only able to snack on the free breakfast but from what I tried and what I saw, there was a nice spread. Again, nothing fancy but definitely worth saying that it was indeed a nice spread (3 x cereal, coffee, juices, yogurts, fruits, eggs, meats, waffles, etc.) I noticed that the food spread area was clean and that there was someone there continuously changing empty trays and refilling coffee. I am a big fan of this. One of my pet peeves is the notion of hotel staff not keeping track (or not caring) about “replenishing.” Whether its replenishing the coffee or other food trays to replenishing towels.

The only issue I had during my stay was that on my second day both my wife and my room card stopped working right after a long day of hitting up wineries. Was it a nuisance? Yes. Did I make a big fuzz about it? No. Stuff happens. The front desk gave me some new cards and that was it.

Overall I was very satisfied. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the holiday weekend with my husband and our three children, age 9 and 6 year old twins. We had a third floor room on the opposite side from the pool. Our room was very clean and had plenty of space for us. We enjoyed sitting on the community balcony overlooking the parking lot. The room seemed fairly soundproof; we didn't hear much noise from the hallway or adjacent rooms.

The breakfast was good, with a nice variety for all. It was a little difficult to find a table that accommodated us well. The layout of the breakfast area is not all that family friendly. But that was a minor issue to us.

The highlight of this hotel is the amazing pool. We spent lots of hours in it. Between the hot tub, lazy river, slides, grotto and shallow areas, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy. The lifeguards seemed fairly attentive and did a good job enforcing the rules for the slides.

My son is special needs and sometimes struggles with transitions such as leaving a place. The morning we checked out, he was so sad and wanted to walk around taking pictures of the hotel. We saw the hotel manager in the breakfast area and she was so kind to my son; she even offered him a cookie.

My family will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Beautiful (fairly new, I believe) Holiday Inn Express & Suites! The pool area is great for kids too! Very close to downtown Fredericksburg, shops and restaurants. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice breakfast selection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

very nice hotel, very busy so some problems can arise. New hotel so no problems with cleanliness there. The free breakfast was one of the best at HIE. The best and unusual feature is the the pool and patio area. I have not ever seen one like it at HIE, fabulous .
One of the best hotels in the town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnneOK2019
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife for a few days. The lazy river is nice but the walls are really thin and the elevator is fairly loud. VERY clean hotel and not far from the action of Fredericksburg. For the money, a good spot.

Also, very good Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mitch H,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you appreciated our staff service. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Generally, I love Holiday Inn Express hotels. They are family friendly without scrimping on quality. This particular was very clean and the decor was updated, fresh and energizing. Loved the spacious lobby and wide open breakfast area. The rooms were equally clean, spacious and nicely decorated. My children LOVED the super-fun pool. We stayed during the week so all was quiet. The pool, lobby and breakfast area were nearly all ours. However, I'm wondering what happens on the weekends? I enjoy the quiet so I probably wouldn't book a weekend. My only complaints were the high mid-week rates, although the staff discounted because we needed two rooms; and the distance to shopping was a little too far to walk.

• Stayed: June 2014