“Delectably Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vaudeville

Vaudeville
Price range: US$15 - US$85
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Austin, Texas
“Delectably Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were on our way to San Antonio and stopped with friends in F'burg to show them some of the sights. Most of the usual food spots that we have eaten at were jam packed with lines on this sunny Sunday afternoon when we discovered this delightful French bistro cafe. It was perfect. We descended to the lower level via a gorgeous staircase and were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The menu was short and was just the kind of food we were looking for. I opted for the French dip sandwich since I have been on a quest most of my adult life for the "perfect french dip". I was not disappointed in my selection. The sandwich arrived overflowing with medium-rare beef. The bread was nearly ideal and there seemed to be a creamy kind of dressing, which could have been just mayo....I don't know and I didn't care after my first dip and bite. My taste buds were jumping for joy. Was this the perfect french dip...maybe...maybe not...but it was absolutely one of the best I have had. I will go back for it again and to try other options on their menu as well. The wait staff was outstanding and the prices very reasonable.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We lucked into this restaurant last Saturday when we arrived. Vaudeville was a wonderful surprise - walk into the furniture store and go down the stairs for the best meal you will have while you are in Fredericksburg. You will not be disappointed. Fresh food, wonderful atmosphere and reasonable prices. Everything on the menu was beyond our expectation - excellent food and choice of beverages - Hibiscus tea, wonderful Pale Ale's from Texas breweries, Mimosas, wine, expresso, etc. The food was amazing and dessert - chocolat au pot, to die for!!! - I had the Salad Chicken Confit-Generous portion of salad with equally generous portion of chicken confit,with a mustard vinergarette - DELICIOUS! Perfect combination of salad, meat, dressing! One of the other girls oredered the Venison Ruben Sandwich, and they had just sold out-so that must have been awesome as well. The other two ordered Qinoa salad and the grilled chicken Sandwich on Ciabbata bread, with grill mushrooms and a spicy homemade pickle and home made chips - they both raved about their menu choices. We all shared a dessert - Pot au Chocolat - rich, creamy, velvety chocolate, served in a tall Martini glass. I would have loved to have had that dessert with a glass of rich, red wine - Heaven on Earth. Don't miss this culinary delight - truly a hidden treasure in the HIll Country.

Tomball, Texas
“Upscale food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a salad that was so fresh, my husband had a sandwich and, he said best sandwich. A great wine list and beer too. Their store is street level and the restaurant/bistro is in the basement.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Authentic French Bistro, a great spot to enjoy a relaxed snack or meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were in Fredericksburg on a busy spring break weekend and selected this Bistro as an alternative to long waits at the traditional German fare offered here. What a delightful lunch we enjoyed. I had the soup of the day, a flavorful white bean chili that was a perfect balance of heat and seasoning. My friend had the Quinoa salad - (and I had a taste and will get this item on a return visit).....unique blend of flavors. She raved about it. They do accommodate gluten free needs which I found a pleasant surprise in a French Bistro. We will return to the Resturant on our next trip here. It is located downstairs and at our visit the elevator was not working....so if you need to avoid stairs call first to see if elevator working or make another choice in this enjoyable Texas town.

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

We were spending a couple of days in Fredricksburg and I was in despair of finding any good food and I stumbled upon this gorgeous furniture store with a cafe tucked beneath it. I felt like I was transported to Paris instantly. The charming owners have impeccable taste - the interior is stunning. We had their soup of the day Ministrone - tasted fresh and delicious!) and two of the salads - Quinoa and Chicken confit. Both were beautifully presented and tasted great. The dessert - pistachio tiramisu was amazing! This place is so very different from all the other places on Main street - it is almost hard to believe it even exists there! It was the best food we had in Fredricksburg!