“Really, really good”
Review of Vaudeville

Vaudeville
Price range: US$15 - US$85
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vaudeville consists of two restaurants, a showroom floor as well as an art gallery. Vaudeville specializes in showcasing the finer things in life, the best of what the world has to offer as well as local gems. From the ground floor up Vaudeville hosts a French bistro style cafe (in the basement), a gourmet market, and a wine cellar stocked by an in-house sommelier. The cafe specializes in coffees and fine teas, as well as an assortment of fresh made French pastries, daily lunch specials, juices and desserts. The main floor is dedicated to showcasing luxury home furnishings, accessories, lighting, and special finds. The third and top floor holds the art gallery that showcases one-of-a-kind antiques, museum pieces, and art from local artists. The connected, freshly renovated courtyard and single story addition will is the location of the V Supper Club. A fine dining restaurant and special event venue backed by a brand new state-of-the-art commercial kitchen.
College Station, Texas
“Really, really good”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My daughter and I visited Fredericksburg for for the first time this last weekend and were stunningly disappointed. EXCEPT for this restaurant. Yes, it is a bit pricey. But, for a town jam packed with the usual overcrowded (but not worth the time) eateries, this was a pleasant, calm, well appointed surprise. The food was outstanding. If you find yourself sucked into this Disneyfied town, don't despair, go to Vaudeville to relax and have a great meal. You will be very happy you did.

Boerne, Texas
“Interesting shop and cafe”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I always love to stop into Vaudeville when I am in Fredericksburg. Richard is so attentive and a pleasure to visit. The furniture and decorative items are well chosen. The meal (mostly lunch, although I understand they serve dinner on Monday night) is always tasty. I have had their soup special both times I have eaten there, and the soups are always delectable!

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Delectably Delicious”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were on our way to San Antonio and stopped with friends in F'burg to show them some of the sights. Most of the usual food spots that we have eaten at were jam packed with lines on this sunny Sunday afternoon when we discovered this delightful French bistro cafe. It was perfect. We descended to the lower level via a gorgeous staircase and were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The menu was short and was just the kind of food we were looking for. I opted for the French dip sandwich since I have been on a quest most of my adult life for the "perfect french dip". I was not disappointed in my selection. The sandwich arrived overflowing with medium-rare beef. The bread was nearly ideal and there seemed to be a creamy kind of dressing, which could have been just mayo....I don't know and I didn't care after my first dip and bite. My taste buds were jumping for joy. Was this the perfect french dip...maybe...maybe not...but it was absolutely one of the best I have had. I will go back for it again and to try other options on their menu as well. The wait staff was outstanding and the prices very reasonable.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We lucked into this restaurant last Saturday when we arrived. Vaudeville was a wonderful surprise - walk into the furniture store and go down the stairs for the best meal you will have while you are in Fredericksburg. You will not be disappointed. Fresh food, wonderful atmosphere and reasonable prices. Everything on the menu was beyond our expectation - excellent food and choice of beverages - Hibiscus tea, wonderful Pale Ale's from Texas breweries, Mimosas, wine, expresso, etc. The food was amazing and dessert - chocolat au pot, to die for!!! - I had the Salad Chicken Confit-Generous portion of salad with equally generous portion of chicken confit,with a mustard vinergarette - DELICIOUS! Perfect combination of salad, meat, dressing! One of the other girls oredered the Venison Ruben Sandwich, and they had just sold out-so that must have been awesome as well. The other two ordered Qinoa salad and the grilled chicken Sandwich on Ciabbata bread, with grill mushrooms and a spicy homemade pickle and home made chips - they both raved about their menu choices. We all shared a dessert - Pot au Chocolat - rich, creamy, velvety chocolate, served in a tall Martini glass. I would have loved to have had that dessert with a glass of rich, red wine - Heaven on Earth. Don't miss this culinary delight - truly a hidden treasure in the HIll Country.

Tomball, Texas
“Upscale food”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a salad that was so fresh, my husband had a sandwich and, he said best sandwich. A great wine list and beer too. Their store is street level and the restaurant/bistro is in the basement.

Visited March 2013