“Getting what you paid for”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Above and Beyond Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Elegant 1869 two-story rock house in the historical business district of Fredericksburg. Two couples rooms, a group room for bridal parties or girls' day out, a natural nail salon, chair massage and reflexology area and waiting room with WIFI. Handicapped parking in rear. Other parking in front. Open daily 9-6.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went to Frederickburg for our honeymoon last week. I thought it would be nice to get a couples massage. I, myself have had plenty of Great Massages and I also worked at a Spa for a few yrs, So I certainly know what to except from a Spa experiences, as for my husband this was his first massage.
About the best thing I can say about Above and Beyond is that the people were extremely nice and The cost was reasonable. We were put in the front room closest to road, so the whole entire time I could hear the cars and trucks, horns, people, and just all the road noise right out side the windows. NOT very relaxing!! Also the ambiance or should I say, what ambiance?!! There was nothing is the place that made me feel like I was in a SPA. The room we were in was as bright as if I were still outside! The room was cluttered from end to end, which drove the clean freak in me crazy! That may not be a big deal to you. So about the actual massage, it was ok, I've had better. But like I said they were nice and my Husband bless his heart was happy but he just doesn't know what his missing. So, If you do decide to pay Above and Beyond Spa a visit maybe ask for the back room and let me know if it's any better. :)

3  Thank mmcbride679
DawnKD, Owner at Above and Beyond Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for noticing the nice manners of our staff members. We are glad your new husband enjoyed his treatment. We try very hard to provide a pleasant experience for all concerned, so we are sorry you did not enjoy your visit. There is light proofing and sound proofing in the room you were in, as well as soft lighting and music. We also provided you with eye pillows and hot neck pillows to relax you. On a recent inspection, the State Health Department inspector said our spa was so clean, he wanted to bring his wife in for a couple's massage. I hope you got some rest after the wedding and honeymoon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I brought my friend here for a morning at above and beyond.
We got the companion package.
Facial and massage.
I can't complain at all! It was so relaxing.
They really satisfy your needs and exactly what part of your body needs attention.
That hour and 45 minutes went by way too quickly!
I was incapable of anything after that amazing massage!
Just perfect.
I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great massage!!

1  Thank MeGabriela
DawnKD, Owner at Above and Beyond Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We do have a great crew of professionals. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We enjoyed a couple massage. Nice room with 2 heated tables. Prompt service and a relaxing massage. Price was also one of the best around. Location is just 2 blocks off main street.

3  Thank dangyankee