“We arrived at 6:15 pm on a Friday...”

Inwood Estates Winery and Bistro
Ranked #35 of 106 things to do in Fredericksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in the "Best 101 Wineries in America" for the third year in a row by The Daily Meal, NY, July 17, you no longer need to travel all the way to Napa Valley for great wine in America, it's right in your backyard. Recognized by the great Robert Parker as one of the "50 Wineries Worth Discovering in Canada and the 'Other 46 States'". Come visit us at Inwood's newest venture in Fredericksburg; where our Bistro features scrumptious cheeses, homemade wine snacks and salads and pallet pleasing hot plates.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were hoping to find a winery that served food and this is how Inwood advertises itself in the Fredericksburg's travel magazines; as a winery bistro serving BBQ ribs. Well, I guess they're only open during the day for lunch. We never found out because there's no sign outside their beautiful building. So it was very disappointing that we couldn't tell when they're open, plus they're on the outside of town towards Houston when we had searched high and low, finding only one other winery with a full menu, on the complete other side of town towards Fredericksburg. Unfortunately, that one is too expensive unless you want chicken, which is under $20, but salad is $7.50, making even chicken is expensive. We had high hopes for Inwood as their only competition. Even now on the internet, Inwood's hours are confusing. If they really are a bistro, I guess they're a lunch bistro only.

1  Thank ledaumas

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a turkey sandwich and my wife had a salad here for lunch while on a wine tour. Nothing really sticks out here other than having the relaxing feel of a winery. It's also one of the few places you can grab a bite for lunch without driving back into town.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Love the wines. High priced, but excellent wines served in high end restaurants around the state.
Worth a taste if you don't mind the bottle price. We liked the hummus and greek salad too with our tasting. No great atmosphere but the waiter was friendly.

1  Thank Nannerdoodle
Reviewed 18 June 2014

So I really liked the wines and actually didn’t have an issue with the $40 price point on some of the wines (some reviewers thought the price points were a bit high). I thought the price was fine for the quality of wines I tasted. They were very good. I thought they were pushing it with the $70 Cab. But I did have a problem with my server Vinny. He was nice enough, but he really needs to learn to do the “back and forth” and not just drown you out when you are speaking. He also spent entirely too much time telling us how cheap Texas wines used to be and how they were the 1st ones to price a bottle at their price points, etc. He went on and on about how the quality of Texas wines didn’t used to be that great and while I agree and have seen tremendous progress over the years, it just seems like bad form to insult your other wine brethren. I’m not a big white wine drinker, so wasn’t moved by those. I liked all of the reds I tasted and bought bottles of the Tempranillo-Cab blend ($40), the Cornelius Tempranillo ($40) and the aforementioned $70 Cab. We had 1 of our 2 tasting fees waived with the 3 bottle purchase. It was nice to see (again too heavily promoted) all of the restaurants where their wines are sold and it’s entirely possible I’d purchase a bottle while dining in one of those restaurants.

1  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped here for lunch as part of a wine tasting tour. We did not partake of the wine tasting. The waitress we had must have been new because she had to keep going to ask questions about their very short menu. She told us the special of the day. I ordered the special. We had to wait a while as there was a large party there that ordered before us. When we received our orders mine was not right. When I pointed out that it was not right they seemed like I was in the wrong because she wrote it down wrong. They went to the kitchen and came right back out with the correct order which was cold. The cook came out and asked what was wrong. I told him that the burger came out cold and my sisters burger was very undercooked for my liking. They corrected the order and finally brought it out. The only positive was there was a person there playing the guitar and singing. Would not go back here again

1  Thank Sonja M