“Comfortable with good amenities, but pricey”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
DFW, Texas
“Comfortable with good amenities, but pricey”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our family gathered at the Comfort Inn and Suites for a weekend gathering. The hotel is about a mile from Main Street, so we found it convenient to the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the wineries. Checking in and out were fast and easy -- I was bracing for a hassle because I arrived before the relative whose name was on the reservation, but the staff was very helpful and let us check in anyway.

Our double-queen room was comfortable and clean, with several nice touches we appreciated: a fridge, microwave, and an external sink (not in the bathroom with the toilet and shower). The free breakfast was ample, with eggs and meat and waffles in addition to the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. The hotel has a pool and fitness center, but we didn't have time to take advantage of them.

We enjoyed our stay, but the reason I'm not giving it five stars is the price. In my book, $130 is steep for this level of hotel. We'd stay here again, but only if we got a discount.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

The staff was outstanding. Room was beautiful. We always try to get the rooms with the hot tub in them. This one was nice. The room was also clean with no funny like some do. Breakfast was good. Great variety!

• Stayed October 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This Comfort Inn & Suites is a comfortable hotel, clean, and reasonably priced. Now the reasons I say it is "average": First, the towel rack in the bathroom is broken, so it tilts downward -toward the toilet. Once I made that discovery I quickly removed the towels from the rack before they could plunge into the toilet. Second, I tried to use the computer (for hotel guests) in the lobby and it would not let me open Facebook, or rather it did let me open Facebook, but then immediately shut down the Internet every time I got logged in to FB. And the desk clerk just said, "yeah, I know it does that. just keep trying." What is that! Get someone to fix the computer!
Otherwise my room was more than I expected for the price, with a full size refrigerator, a microwave, 2 burner cooktop, and a small sink. No cooking utensils or eating utensils were provided. The room was well furhished with a desk and a table with chairs, plus 2 barstool chairs at the divider between the kitchen area and the living/sleeping area.
I would stay here again, but I would hope that they would replace those cheap towel racks and get the lobby computer fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have stayed in multiple Comfort Inns over the years, and this hotel was one of the nicest, most quiet, and off the busy main streets of Fredericksburg. I was there on a holiday weekend, and this was one of the few hotels that did not require a more than one night stay. I highly recommend this Comfort Inn and Suites!

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall on the third (top) floor was out of the way and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marge R
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Enjoyed our stay, got to relax! Very clean and friendly

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Rrod1
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed here April 1, 2012 and found the hotel to be one of the better Comfort Inns we visited during our cross-country trip. The room was clean. The bed was firm. The staff was helpful. My wife liked the small exercise room. Good value for the price.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Max G
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 14 May 2012

There is nothing remarkable about this hotel. Feels older, with older linens. Room was clean but small. We were at the end of the hallway and the room was quiet. There was not room to set out two suitcases. Breakfast area small and only average selection. Price was reasonable for this tourist town was best thing to say about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple