“Continent location- unsatisfactory stay.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Continent location- unsatisfactory stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

The Saturday night after thanksgiving, my husband, 13 month old, and I were traveling from south Texas to our home in Abilene. We were tired so decided to stop halfway in Fredericksburg. Found the hotel on Expedia, and checked in. Upon arrival we noticed a few crusty white stains on the bedspread. We were pretty disgusted, but agreed to move to a different room. Once we got to the next room, we discovered our refrigerator was not working. The gentleman working front desk tried without success to repair it, but in the end brought us a box of ice to keep our baby's milk cold. He offered to discount our room, however since we booked with Expedia, this was not possible. That night we also had trouble with our ac cooling the room, as well as our toddler picking up stuff from the dirty carpet. Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I should have looked on this website before booking- it's got the worst ratings in Fredericksburg for a reason.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Located a dozen blocks or so South of downtown, this small property provides a reasonably priced, clean, consistent value in a "tourist" town. Breakfast is hot and adequate, though nothing fancy. Ask for a top floor room for REALLY quiet! Enjoyed the Jagerscnitzel at auslander restaurant so much for lunch, I had it AGAIN as a sandwich for supper. The sandwich patty was the Same size as the full meal serving at lunch. Go early, it stays crowded.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
DFW, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Our family gathered at the Comfort Inn and Suites for a weekend gathering. The hotel is about a mile from Main Street, so we found it convenient to the downtown shops and restaurants as well as the wineries. Checking in and out were fast and easy -- I was bracing for a hassle because I arrived before the relative whose name was on the reservation, but the staff was very helpful and let us check in anyway.

Our double-queen room was comfortable and clean, with several nice touches we appreciated: a fridge, microwave, and an external sink (not in the bathroom with the toilet and shower). The free breakfast was ample, with eggs and meat and waffles in addition to the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. The hotel has a pool and fitness center, but we didn't have time to take advantage of them.

We enjoyed our stay, but the reason I'm not giving it five stars is the price. In my book, $130 is steep for this level of hotel. We'd stay here again, but only if we got a discount.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

The staff was outstanding. Room was beautiful. We always try to get the rooms with the hot tub in them. This one was nice. The room was also clean with no funny like some do. Breakfast was good. Great variety!

• Stayed October 2012
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This Comfort Inn & Suites is a comfortable hotel, clean, and reasonably priced. Now the reasons I say it is "average": First, the towel rack in the bathroom is broken, so it tilts downward -toward the toilet. Once I made that discovery I quickly removed the towels from the rack before they could plunge into the toilet. Second, I tried to use the computer (for hotel guests) in the lobby and it would not let me open Facebook, or rather it did let me open Facebook, but then immediately shut down the Internet every time I got logged in to FB. And the desk clerk just said, "yeah, I know it does that. just keep trying." What is that! Get someone to fix the computer!
Otherwise my room was more than I expected for the price, with a full size refrigerator, a microwave, 2 burner cooktop, and a small sink. No cooking utensils or eating utensils were provided. The room was well furhished with a desk and a table with chairs, plus 2 barstool chairs at the divider between the kitchen area and the living/sleeping area.
I would stay here again, but I would hope that they would replace those cheap towel racks and get the lobby computer fixed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have stayed in multiple Comfort Inns over the years, and this hotel was one of the nicest, most quiet, and off the busy main streets of Fredericksburg. I was there on a holiday weekend, and this was one of the few hotels that did not require a more than one night stay. I highly recommend this Comfort Inn and Suites!

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall on the third (top) floor was out of the way and quiet.