“GREAT Cookies & CLEAN rooms”

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This is an updated "motel". It has all you need to make your stay comfortable. The soft cookies upon arrival make it a step up from Days Inn. The Staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are CLEAN and updated. Our room had a mini fridge, microwave, granite counterops, and nice large flat screen TV. There are no indoor hallways but it feels SAFE. Good HOT breakfast with eggs & sausage. I'm pretty picky and don't usually like motels but this one was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FederalExpress

Reviewed 18 August 2011

After returing from Afghanistan my wife and I decided to travel to Fredericksburg for some wine tasting and relaxation. Great location for wine tasting!! The welcome was very cold and unemotional, the information about the hotel was given so quickly we couldn't retain a single thing...we went back to ask later from a different clerk. Don't order the romance package, not worth it! Don't get the suite either, way over priced!!!!!The staff does not enforce the quiet hours for the pool...we called the front desk and no answer. My recommendation is check some of the wineries for bed and breakfast...some offer this. Grape Creek is one!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Doug D
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Close enough to Main Street to walk to the shops and restaurants. It is a very clean hotel with nice pool and cabana area. The staff is wonderful and such a convenient location. Went for a girls getaway with my cousin and we had a great experience here. Will definitely stay there again when I go back to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Here are the pros:

1) Good location. It's only a short 2-block walk to Main St. where the shops, restaurants, and bars are.
2) The pool is nice. Actually, there are two pools. One has a small water slide for kids and the other has a volleyball net strung across it. Hot tub is also good. There is a little area with chairs and a flat screen TV that you can see from the hot tub.
3) Free breakfast in the morning with hot food items is comparable to major chain hotels. What I really liked is that the hotel offers complimentary sodas and juices from a fountain 24 hours a day. You don't see this often.

Now the cons:

1) My room was on the small side.
2) I believe that this hotel is over-priced. I paid $149 + tax for one night. The room should have been about $100 per night in my opinion. Fredericksburg is a tourist town and you can expect to pay more here. They also charged me more since I stayed only one night. Typically, they require a two-night stay on weekends, but let me have a one-nighter because they were not full.

All in all, I would give this place a 7 on scale of 1-10. The pros outweigh the cons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn R
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our first room had an odor and the staff was quick to change our room at our request. They were very pleasant from the time we checked in until our departure. The room is a little dated but clean. We will stay here on our trips to Fredricksburg from now on.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We chose this hotel mainly for value during a short overnight stay. It was such a pleasant surprise that I wished we had planned to stay longer. The grounds and pool area are lovely with nice little extras like a fire pit, plush fabric pads for the lounge chairs, and a flat screen tv under the covered patio.
The rooms were large with 2 very comfortable queen beds, high- quality toiletries, attractive decor and were clean and well maintained.
The hotel is located 1 block from numerous shops, restaurants and boutiques. This was a very enjoyable shopping experience and I found many unique home decor, jewelry and clothing items.
We didn't get to stay for the free breakfast, but the children did enjoy the complimentary sodas and cookies that were available all day. We will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Lryan6922
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We left two chargers there yesterday (7-31-11) in room 110. They should be laying on the air conditioning unit. Would you please mail them to me I'll pay postage. 4901 Purple Sage Cove Midland, TX 79705 Thanks Steve Becker

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business