“A mixed bag”

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The pros: Excellent location for those wishing to visit the Pacific War Museum. Also, the swimming pool and hot tub area are very nice.

The cons: The facilities are somewhat tired - the air conditioner was noisy and the bathroom fan unbelievably noisy. The breakfast area was too small for the number of people using it, and the breakfast selection was very weak. We got a pretty good deal through Priceline, so the value was good, but with just a bit of attention and effort, this motel could be much better.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fredericksburg Inn & Suites

Reviewed 28 April 2013

One night stay in April for an overnight getaway. Location was easy to find and staff was friendly on the phone for reservation as well as in person for check in and checkout. Was one block away from the main section of the downtown strip . There was indeed a heated pool and hot tub in addition to another pool set up with volley ball net as well as outdoor fireplace and TV. Had it been 10F warmer would have definately made use of the outdoor lounging area. Parking felt safe for our motorcycle. The grounds were green and lush. The pictures online are very representative. The room was ok. The bed linens were nice, the couch was well worn and due for replacement, covered with a blanket from the desk and was fine. The bathroom was standard.The microwave and fridge were great. The room was not extradordinary but comfortable, felt clean except for the couch and shower lining... thus the only reason for 4 stars. The breakfast offered was kolaches, waffles, toasts/bagels, yogurts until 10AM and the readily available soda machine as well as juice and water was super. It was 10 minutes from Luckenbach and 5 minutes from a Walmart. When in Fredericksburg, will definately stay here again. Had shopped BnBs as well and really was pleased with O/our final choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is a nice hotel within easy walking distance to old town. Front office folks are very warm and welcoming. Breakfast area is cozy but if the weather permits there's nice outdoor seating. While this is older it is nicely maintained and beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for lower level with drive up parking
1  Thank rivrman
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very nice greeting at reception when we arrived late at night. He moved rooms to accommodate our needs.

The grounds are very pretty. The fire pit at night was very inviting. The location is wonderful and we walked to town each day.

The room was fine. Basic, more of a motel than an Hotel. It suited our needs just fine. The design of the bathroom was definitely that of an older hotel but it was clean and in good repair.

The location, beautiful grounds and price made it a good choice for our trip. Although we could have gotten a newer hotel but it would have been outside of town and in a generic hotel. For a fair price we had a good room on a beautiful property.

Room Tip: We got upstairs with a view of the garden/pool.
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The hotel room was nice but mattresses were uncomfortable. Complimentary Breakfast was good. Front desk personnel were nice. Housekeeping sis not come to clean our room until after 3:30, which was inconvenient so it did not get cleAned. We have decided that hotels in Fredericksburg are way overpriced. Will probably stay in a surrounding town in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

That's what I can start out by saying, "help wanted" or should I say " help needed". The hotel makeover guy really should pay this place a visit. He would have a "heyday" at this place. Upon arrival, I walked in and was "sized up" by the Director of Customer Relations. " size up" means to visually make look at someone and make an assumption about that person. It was clear she made a judgement on the spot, very clear to read her face. I explained who I was and she immediately told me there were no reservations under my name. Really? That's odd because I gave my card to hold this hotel room weeks ago. I went out to the car to the see if I printed out the confirmation number but I had not. Upon re-entry I explained that I know for a fact that I made a reservation. She once again told me sorry, no reservation. I double checked my car for the confirmation but could not find it. I walked in and looked at the history on my phone and guess what, I still had the call log. Hahahah. So I showed the (Director of Customer Relations) my phone and she said, well.....what's your phone number?. Really, she can magically find my reservation now?. Yep, she sure did, under a completely different name than I reserved......

Got that handled, and was able to go to my room. Here is where the other "really this place gets high ratings" thought came. There were VERY large spider webs in the corners of the rooms covered in dust, our sheet had a stain on it?., the toilet had "short and curlies" on it....all of this after waiting to get in after she said it was ready.....

Really seems that the Director of Customer Relations should really have her title examined by the owner.....

Anyway, 1 more night here and I'm out of here. Will NOT be recommending this place to anyone EVER. If I am asked about my stay, it will be an honest answer on my experience.

Sincerely.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CriticalVoice
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Our room was very clean and fairly quiet - some sounds from the adjacent rooms but that's expected. Bed was comfortable. The decor is not upscale, but we're fine with that as long as it's clean, and it was. We had a standard king room and it was very spacious, with a sofa, mini fridge and microwave. The view out the door was over a little creek and twice we saw deer. The hotel is about half a block from the main street, so easy walking distance from the shops and restaurants if you don't want to take your car up there.

The pools looked very nice and I would definitely come back with my kids in swimming weather.

The "continental breakfast" was no good for this gluten-free traveler, but I'm used to that.