“Not worth the money”

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel has a great location, but it is not worth 200+ a night. The bed is stiff, the shower had mold, and the breakfast was cold @ 7AM. If the rooms were 50-$70 cheaper I may have a different experience. To be fair, we stayed during a busy weekend so maybe the prices were elevated.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R B
fbggm, General Manager at Fredericksburg Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your review, as you know we cannot correct a problem if we do not know it exist so again thank you for your review, we do appreciate it.

I would like to offer our apologies for the issues you experienced when you stayed at our Hotel. We take great pride in all the services we offer here at Fredericksburg Inn & Suites and are sorry you were disappointed with your stay.

I have addressed the cleanliness issues with the Housekeeping Manager and have spoke to the Breakfast attendant as well, I assure you this will not happen again should you decide to visit us in the future.

Please accept our apologies and we hope to see you in the future.

Donna Herrera

Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for a romantic weekend of shopping and food. The only problem that bothered us was the pillows and the front desk fixed that. Nice pools and tub with decent breakfast and was very clean. We will come back.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

People are friendly- beds are wonderful and breakfast is perfect! if you get to this town go to It's a Glow 322 Main Street and visit Matel - she is a wonderful woman and you will love her products - actually lots of great sites to visit in Fredericksburg!

Inn & suites is right off of Hwy 87 - the pool is clean and beautiful! Its home away from home! We had great service and pricing was better then the chain hotels. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tami M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I've stayed at this hotel almost ten times. It does not have the best rooms or service in town BUT the location is great, the pool area is outstanding and the breakfast food is improving. I am an early riser so we usually get a suite enabling me to get up, have coffee, read and not wake my wife.

This trip we took our three grandsons, ages 12 and 8, so we got two rooms. This hotel does not have adjoining rooms ... door between rooms. The front desk did get our rooms next to each other.

Our suite, room 235, was comfortable and clean but the A/C was very noisy. When the clerk asked me at check out "Did you enjoy your stay?", I mentioned the noise. She simply nodded, made no note of it, so I feel sure nothing will be done.

Since our last visit in 2012, the hotel has added to waffle makers. I hope they continue to improve this hotel. I want them to succeed because my wife wants to stay no place else in Fredericksburg than this hotel!

Room Tip: I someone in your family is an early riser, I recommend you get one of the suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tomtex451
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We needed to find a place to house a small group of university students in town for two weeks. Right off the bat, Fredericksburg Inn & Suites went above and beyond to make sure we felt welcomed and wanted. I can't stress enough how pleasant they were whenever we needed something. They quickly and happily met our requests. And we had a lot of them!

The students loved the pool, opting to do much of their studying poolside. They could walk downtown every night, since the hotel is right off Main Street.

Great location, great price, great staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We have stayed here a couple of times and have enjoyed ourselves each time. The rooms are not the greatest, in fact, two years in a row, friends had A/C issues, but they aren't that bad. The grounds are very nice for swimming, washers, and bbq'ing and it's location to the main touristy drag on 290 is perfect. You don't get all of the traffic and noise, but the convenience of being at the start of the shops and attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside experience far less noise from the people in the pool area so if you want to sl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

If you are looking for a hotel with a GREAT location and lovely pool area, this is the place for you. They also serve an OK breakfast that even includes reconstituted powdered eggs on the weekends. But, if you like cleanliness and function, then you may want to rethink things. This is an older hotel, so rooms are dated. My concern was my shower curtain had not been cleaned in some time - mildew and other unknown substances covered the inside. Our sink wouldn't drain and we finally changed rooms because our hot water came and went. In a 4-day stay, I had 1 hot shower. We had to ask to have toiletries replenished, and came back to an uncleaned room after being out late one day. So, great location and scenic outside setting, but be prepared for a less-than-optimal room..

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple