“Great location, scenic, clean & had amenities”

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I travelled with my mom to Fredericksburg for 3 days/2 nights during the week. We stayed at FI&S due to location and price (AAA discount). The room was clean, spacious, had a refrigerator, microwave and quiet (Room 127). It is located just 2 blocks from Main St. with an easy walk up a small hill. The 2 pools and hot tub were well maintained. There was a fireplace outside by the pools where they serve smores ($2) per request and have a large flat screened tv. The teenagers and kids hung out there.

The breakfast included juices, milk and coffee. There was a soda machine that is on all day. They served sausage kolaches, cereals, bagels and bread.

Overall, it was clean, affordable, comfortable and in a great location! I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2010

The Fredericksburg Inn & Suites is in a good location just south of the east end of the main street through Fredericksburg. It's style is a two-story motel layout where every room opens to the outside. We stayed in a two-queen-bed room upstairs facing the parking lot. The room was equipped with cable TV, a small refrigerator, a small microwave oven, and a hair dryer. The air conditioner worked great. I found the bed to be way too firm for me (made my hips ache) and the pillows were small and flat, so I didn't sleep very well. The bathtub was a decent size, but the water pressure was so low that this was the wimpiest shower I think I've ever taken. The room had a door that led to the adjoining room (for making a suite), so a lot of noise could come through it. The people next to us had loud kids, though they did not interfere with our sleep. (We wear earplugs.) It was also possible to hear occasional loud car noise from the parking lot. On the back side of the inn, which faces a creek, were a medium-sized pool with a slide, a hot tub, and a smaller pool with a volleyball net. They were pretty constantly filled with people having fun and trying to cool off on the July 4 weekend. (The inn was sold out.) A free breakfast is provided, consisting of the typical cereal, muffins, bagels, pastries, scrambled egg substitute, small breakfast sausages, fruit juice, coffee, etc. Being lactose- and gluten-intolerant, I was unable to eat anything (according to the lady putting the food out). I tried the orange juice out of the machine. It tasted artificial. I ended up going to an HEB grocery a few blocks away and buying breakfast food to keep in my room. On the whole, this seems like a good place for families to stay, but my husband and I have no interest in staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebiDalio
Reviewed 6 July 2010

The rooms are spacious. However old and very noisy. I could hear my neighbors just walking. I could also hear the room behind me. I could hear doors closing and rattling my room, floor and bed. Shower curtain hadn't been cleaned. Sink was cracking. Another frustrating event was the rules. Hotel policy indicated no dogs and no glass at the pool. However, a large party was hanging out at the pool with a dozen wine bottles and tons of beer bottles- all glass. Hotel staff came out nightly to light fire and didn't say anything about the glass. This is dangerous and there were small children everywhere. Pool didn't seem heated too, which was advertised. Saw at least two dogs being walked around and into rooms. Pool and hot tub were nice and well landscaped, pretty. Good location to downtown as well. However, definitely not worth $149-169 a night, with two night min. Overpriced. The breakfast was half frozen, everything requiring a microwave. Small, cramped eating space, but outdoor breakfast eating was nice. Drinks all day in room was nice. As previously indicated, the pool towels and bath towels in rooms were old, not soft and rather dumpy. This MOTEL needs to modernize. Also not good for the disabled, all stairs.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We were in Texas one week for a family wedding. Going to Fredericksburg was an enjoyable side trip. Of all the hotel nights, this bed was the only uncomfortable one. King-sized and hard with a funny plasticy mattress cover. I don't trust ecru-colored bed sheets or towels either. Room was very spacious and simply furnished. Paint job and caulking job were poor. The price just didn't match the "quality" of the establishment. Great location, great pool, so it wasn't bad but not excellent. I think $20 less per night and it would be a good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Fredericksburg and at this hotel. We also chose it primarily for the pool area and were also not disappointed. Our kids could have spent the entire day here (if we had not dragged them through the Pacific War Museum - which by the way is fantastic.) Our king suite room was roomy and clean and tidy, but basic. The hotel property all around is very inviting and charming, but the rooms lack charm. However, we spent most of our time in town, at the pool or at the lovely eating area, so it didn't really matter to us. We had pretty minimal interaction with staff, but what we did have was pleasant. It's a short (.15mile) walk to Main Street. Note that restaurants stop serving at 9:00pm. So one night after we got a late start and missed dinnertime, we discovered the grocery store stays open till 11, so we ran through there one night to grab sandwiches, salads and fruit for dinner and ate outside at the Inn which was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

When we first checked our reservation the week prior to our stay, the lady was very rude. Any requests I asked for, she just said that can't be done! All I wanted was to try to get a king size bed in one of our 3 rooms. Our rooms had filthy carpets - turned your feet black! The AC didn't work properly. At check out the two ladies were very rude and confused. They would not listen to my husband and I at all. If we weren't part of our reunion, we would never stay there again. I certainly do not recommend it to anyone! We rented 3 rooms so they should have realized that we were customers. Our experience was enough to make us reconsider attending next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The reason we chose this hotel was for the pool aea and we were not disappointed. In addition, the location is probably the best of any of the other traditional hotels. My one complaint is that the matress protectors had a plastic lining which makes it very difficult to sleep on.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family