“Best of Fredericksburg”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Fredericksburg at the end of January (probably at the same time as a previous reviewer) and were very well satisfied. In previous visits to Fredericksburg, we had stayed in another chain hotel that purports to be pet-friendly. However, we found it overpriced and not very friendly. I was happy to find a La Quinta here, and our dog was more than satisfied. I was puzzled by the reviewer who said that there was "not a lot of open grass area," as we found the grassy areas more than ample for our dog's needs. There is a large grassy area in front of the hotel. In addition, there is a sidewalk lined with grass along the back street that leads to Wal-Mart, where there is more grassy space. Next to a lumberyard next door, there is an open field. (Even a horse would have been able to romp in all that space.) We used accumulated points to stay in a suite, which was immaculately clean, quiet, and very spacious. The bed was comfortable, and the bed linens and covering were not heavy, which is often a problem in some hotels. The desk staff was helpful and very friendly and seemed to genuinely like dogs. The wi-fi connection in our room worked as expected. Overall, this is a good value--a great stay when visiting Texas wine country.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max19481951
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed 5 February 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Good, clean room, comfy bed and decent number and quality of towels. My only complaints were that there is no wifi in the rooms, only the lobby and the shower was designed for short people. Not sure why so many hotels, like this one, have showers that hit the back of the neck and not the top of the head.
Decent breakfast, free newspaper.
If you are traveling with dogs, not a lot of open grass area.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We chose this hotel because we were traveling with our 2 small dogs and La Quinta has a pet friendly policy. The hotel looks like it's relatively new, and the grounds were well kept. Our room had a king sized bed and was spacious and clean. There was a complimentary breakfast every morning which was nice. I would definitely stay at this hotel when we come back to Fredericksburg TX.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This hotel seems to be dated but it was clean. The price we paid seemed high, even though it was a Saturday night. Breakfast was ok, nothing really special but enough variety and the area was clean as well. Our bathroom door had one handle that was chrome and one was brass-colored, so it looked funny. I would think that if replacement handles are needed they would be matched to the opposite side, but this is just a small detail when the really important things like cleaning, comfortable beds, etc. are being taken care of. The front desk personnel were friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The person at the front desk of this hotel was by far the most rude front desk staff person I have ever encountered. I've been overseas and all around the States. Rolling her eyes, making me feel uncomfortable, asking why I would ever NOT want a second floor room at 11 am instead of waiting to come back after 3 pm when the normal check in starts, she SPRANG into high gear when I told her I had two dogs that were 50 lbs each. She couldn't wait to send me out the door. I don't know what kind of bad day this was for her but when I asked her if she was having a bad day, in a sing song voice said, "Oh I'm having a great day! And you?" I told her I was having a great day too. It was better because I ended up going to the Econolodge because they take pets. On this La Quinta's website, it says NOTHING about size and type of dog. Just "Pets Welcome". I reported her and this hotel to the customer complaint section of LaQuinta and am waiting to hear back from them. They need to video tape this hack and see just how crappy she treats paying customers. I would NEVER stay here, and I'm a member of LQ Travel Club.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank JonC591
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a good location for visiting Fredericksburg and Hill Country. Motel was conveniently located on US Hwy just east of Fredericksburg. Room was clean. well furnished and comfortable, as is typical with La Quinta. Breakfast was also standard fare for La Quinta, but area was kept clean and breakfast items well stocked. Wish they had an indoor pool. I have stayed here before, and will stay here again, as it is reliable.

Room Tip: Try to get top floor, that way there is no noise from above.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends