All reviews room was clean waffles boiled eggs nice hotel business trip in town stay there again front desk staff biscuits and gravy great place to stay free breakfast the breakfast area texas hill country close to downtown the main street get away pet
Reviewed 21 March 2008

Very nice, clean, well maintained. I have no complaints. Quality and front-desk staff that I've come to expect from La Quinta--on this trip I've stayed at 3 different ones and they're all uniformly a great value for the money. Free high speed wireless internet--36 Mbps and excellent strength. I've always wondered why the high-end hotels charge for internet access while places like La Quinta give it away free. Fredricksburg is a happening little place... try to be there Friday or Saturday night. Oh, and east of town there are 4 wineries within about 10 miles--an excellent way to spend the afternoon.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bentleyj1
Reviewed 13 August 2007

The town is the ultimate "tourist trap". However, if you're part of the "Branson Missouri crowd" you'll love it.

I decided to swing through here on my way to Los Angeles for business. If you're taking I-10 and want to avoid San Antonio, this route through Fredericksburg and Austin has great roads and times out about the same. The town is very small and very clean, and this La Quinta is the best I've encountered so far. As with many mid-price hotels, you never know what you're going to get, but rest easy about this one... it's GREAT!!! Newly construced (I'd say within a year), every amenity, and a perfect location.

Extremely clean, wired internet, mini-fridge, microwave, marble bathroom, gated pool with hot tub... the works. Staff was friendly, property well maintained, and you can walk right across the grass to Wal-Mart.

I will definitely stop here again, if taking this route.

Date of stay: January 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank hurricaneman
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites for two nights in July on the way to pick up our son from camp in the Texas Hill Country. While the hotel is quite new and attractive, our trip was ruined by management's pet policy. The La Quinta web site, which I used to book the room, stated that this property allowed pets. So we decided to bring our 10-year-old, 14-lb. Sheltie. She's an experienced traveler and has stayed in many hotels. When I checked in and mentioned I had brought my dog (and her crate), the front desk manager immediately asked me to sign a form stating that the dog would NEVER be left in the room alone. This was not disclosed on the web site. It didn't matter that this is Texas in July--too hot to leave a dog in the car for even a short period of time--and I promised to keep her in the crate when we weren't in the room. He was dismissive and rude. When I asked how we were to go out to dinner, shopping, etc. in this resort town with our dog in tow, he gave me the name of a local kennel. If I had wanted to kennel my dog, I would have done that at home!

Date of stay: July 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jody77
Reviewed 5 June 2007

The room was clean to the eye, but smelled damp and felt humid, even with the air conditioner on in the high 60's. The pillows and sheets felt moist when I went to sleep that night. There is NO fan in the bathroom, and there was no outlet near the one mirror they have outside the bathroom, so it was difficult for me to fix my hair and makeup while my husband hopped in the shower.

That aside, their breakfast is wonderful.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HonestandFairOhio
Reviewed 1 February 2007

Stayed here for a business trip in January 2007. This hotel still looks brand new. It's east of town about 1 mile, right next door to the WalMart in Fredericksburg. The bed was very comfortable and the room was furnished very nicely, including microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had a granite sink and all the normal ammenities. The breakfast each morning was good, with make-your-own-waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, sweet rolls, fruit, juices, etc. The breakfast area was also kept very clean. This hotel still looks brand new. It has a pool and a small work out room but I didn't get to use either on this trip. It has both free wireless and regular internet connections. There's really not anything I didn't like about the hotel. The only drawback might be that it is not located in the heart of Fredricksburg. I would definitely stay here again, especially if you can get a good rate.

Date of stay: January 2007