“I would stay here again, clean,comfy,quiet hotel.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
“I would stay here again, clean,comfy,quiet hotel.”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This was a nice LaQuinta Inn. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Swimming pool was nice, but the hot tub was not working. Breakfast area was clean but food was not that great. If you are wanting to be with in walking distance of the shops on the main street this location is too far for that.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Granbury,TX
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The hotel is clean and farely well kept - BUT- look very closely at the wording for the room. We booked a two bedded room - with most hotels that means two queen beds - NOT HERE! You get 2 very small double beds but that is a good thing because the room is not big enough for 2 queens. There is barely enough room for two people to move around in the room. The beds are like ROCKS. The TV is a 1990 vintage with extremely poor reception. We were there for 4 nites and tried to watch the news but finely gave up. The breakfast has the normal stuff but has added bricks and gravy. I tried it the first morning but felt safer with my boxed Cheerios the rest of the time. I asked for a late check out but was firmly denied by the General Manager with every excuse known to man. Nothing positive here. We travel to Fredericksburg frequently and will NOT Stay here again. There are too many other options available to have to encounter this kind of "STUFF". Do not stay here!!! Just remembered - they did have a work desk for my laptop and it had a nice electrical outlet right by the leg so you didn't have to break your back finding an outlet. The speed was good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I've stayed in many LaQuintas over the Years. Fredericksburg’s was the nicest--ever. The lady at the front desk was extremely accommodating. The lady who tended the breakfast area was diligent about restocking, and cleaning. Also, the housekeeping staff was unusually neat, professional in appearance, and friendly.

As for others’ comments, I cannot speak to the pet issue, and can understand both sides; however, as a registered guest, I appreciate the inn’s staff being alert to non-registered persons on the premises. In today’s world, It’s not just a matter of hospitality. It’s a matter of security.

For a small Texas town, this inn is run in a big city way. I will return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston,TX
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I live in Fredericksburg and recently had to meet briefly with a business client and since he was coming in from Austin and was unfamiliar with Fredericksburg I told him that I would meet him in the lobby of the La Quinta hotel. While waiting for the client I was asked by the hotel clerk if I needed anything. I told her no and that I was simply waiting for a client. She then asked me if I was staying at the hotel and I told her I was not. She then told me that I could not meet with the client in the lobby and asked me to leave. After I left and did a slow burn I called the manager to complain about the treatment that I just received. The manager was very unresponsive to my concerns about her rude front desk employee and I definitly would not recommend staying at this hotel. Fredericksburg has many fine hotels and this is not one of them. Also, it backs up to a Super Walmart parking lot. (Lovely scenery)

Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank rk3802
texas
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We were totaly pleased with our experience here. We checked in with our dog and she was readily welcomed. Out of respect for the other guests,it would not occur to us to leave her alone in the room for more than the time it took to enjoy our great complimentary breakfast downstairs. The rooms were clean and comfortable...the shower head was fabulous....great water pressure! We are very thankful to have hotels that accept our dog.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I like to stay at LaQuinta as I travel with my small dog and they are usually very pet friendly. However, upon arrival I was told that I could not leave the pet in my room for any length of time and that "We don't care what it said online, this is our policy." I was told my dog was too loud and was essentially harassed until I decided to find another hotel. Luckily I found a room at the Best Western which was cheaper and more pet friendly. (Incidentally, their desk staff said that they never heard a peep from my dog.)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank tami_ag
Cat Spring TX
Reviewed 14 March 2009

We drove 3 1/2 hours and have always stayed at La Quinta because they accept pets. When we arrived, they told me that we could not leave them in the room. We could not enjoy our stay and had to go to Best Western. It ruined out vacation and I told them that on internet it does not say that. They said they didn't care what it said on internet, we could not leave our little dogs in the room. They were very rude and we never thought we would have this sort of problems with La Quinta.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple