“Friendly staff, clean, nice pool area”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My kids and I stayed here one night during a short vacation. The location is to the left off 290 just as you arrive into town. If you're looking for a hotel that you can park and walk around downtown, this isn't it as it's a mile or two away. But that's the only downside that I saw.

The staff was friendly and our room was clean and comfortable. One thing I always notice in rooms in Texas during the summer is how well the A/C works, and this one was blasting on 62 when we walked in, which was very much appreciated after a long, hot day of driving.

The kids and I spent a few hours unwinding at the pool in the evening and enjoyed it the hot tube and Koi pond in the corner. The pool was clean, hot tub worked well, and the area was well maintained.

The breakfast is typical La Quinta fare: waffles, fresh fruit, cereal and juices. Nothing great, but not bad for free.

One nice thing the hotel offered was free windshield cleaning. When we left our windshield was nice and clean!

Overall I would definitely recommend this La Quinta as a place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed 16 July 2010

The clerks, with the notable exception of the "day guy" were not very helpful. I also suspect we were overcharged having booked through expedia and paying $150 a night. This room was worth $70 a night at the most. The decor was old. The internet did not work. When I asked for a cable to hook up the internet they charged me a $25 deposit! Hey what kind of guest do you usually have here people! Continental breakfast was lousy just plastic American food. Bleah! Please I hope I will never have to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This was a nice LaQuinta Inn. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Swimming pool was nice, but the hot tub was not working. Breakfast area was clean but food was not that great. If you are wanting to be with in walking distance of the shops on the main street this location is too far for that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The hotel is clean and farely well kept - BUT- look very closely at the wording for the room. We booked a two bedded room - with most hotels that means two queen beds - NOT HERE! You get 2 very small double beds but that is a good thing because the room is not big enough for 2 queens. There is barely enough room for two people to move around in the room. The beds are like ROCKS. The TV is a 1990 vintage with extremely poor reception. We were there for 4 nites and tried to watch the news but finely gave up. The breakfast has the normal stuff but has added bricks and gravy. I tried it the first morning but felt safer with my boxed Cheerios the rest of the time. I asked for a late check out but was firmly denied by the General Manager with every excuse known to man. Nothing positive here. We travel to Fredericksburg frequently and will NOT Stay here again. There are too many other options available to have to encounter this kind of "STUFF". Do not stay here!!! Just remembered - they did have a work desk for my laptop and it had a nice electrical outlet right by the leg so you didn't have to break your back finding an outlet. The speed was good.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I've stayed in many LaQuintas over the Years. Fredericksburg’s was the nicest--ever. The lady at the front desk was extremely accommodating. The lady who tended the breakfast area was diligent about restocking, and cleaning. Also, the housekeeping staff was unusually neat, professional in appearance, and friendly.

As for others’ comments, I cannot speak to the pet issue, and can understand both sides; however, as a registered guest, I appreciate the inn’s staff being alert to non-registered persons on the premises. In today’s world, It’s not just a matter of hospitality. It’s a matter of security.

For a small Texas town, this inn is run in a big city way. I will return.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I live in Fredericksburg and recently had to meet briefly with a business client and since he was coming in from Austin and was unfamiliar with Fredericksburg I told him that I would meet him in the lobby of the La Quinta hotel. While waiting for the client I was asked by the hotel clerk if I needed anything. I told her no and that I was simply waiting for a client. She then asked me if I was staying at the hotel and I told her I was not. She then told me that I could not meet with the client in the lobby and asked me to leave. After I left and did a slow burn I called the manager to complain about the treatment that I just received. The manager was very unresponsive to my concerns about her rude front desk employee and I definitly would not recommend staying at this hotel. Fredericksburg has many fine hotels and this is not one of them. Also, it backs up to a Super Walmart parking lot. (Lovely scenery)

Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank rk3802
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We were totaly pleased with our experience here. We checked in with our dog and she was readily welcomed. Out of respect for the other guests,it would not occur to us to leave her alone in the room for more than the time it took to enjoy our great complimentary breakfast downstairs. The rooms were clean and comfortable...the shower head was fabulous....great water pressure! We are very thankful to have hotels that accept our dog.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple