“wonderful get away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fredericksburg Herb Farm - Sunday Haus Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fredericksburg Herb Farm - Sunday Haus Cottages
Ranked #14 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Channelview, Texas, United States
“wonderful get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I visted the last of June 2013, We loved the entire experience. We where there on a Sunday and Monday, we knew they where closed on monday but we where taken care of, with they brought us food for breakfast for Monday and the sweet lady in Housekeeping made sure we had plenty of towles.We where all by ourself that Sunday night , it was so peaceful.just us and the cats who would come by and check us out.My husband loved the shower and sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs late at night and early morning drinking coffee.The samples of shower gels and lotions where wonder, I bought some to bring back home.On Tuesday morning when we ckecked out we had a breakfast in the Bistro that was wonderful, the bread they make there was so good we asked for more.We go to Fredericksburg often and plan to stay here again.The room was so pleasing to us, we felt special and at home.Thank you so much.Debbie Wood, Channelview, Texas.

1 Thank Debbie E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I throughly enjoyed a weekend getaway for my birthday at the end of June. The cottages, meals, and grounds are quaint and quite. We were going to try out other restaurants but decided after the first night's decliciousness to go back the next night. It was the most relaxing and refreshing weekend I've had in a long time. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage #5 that had a nice swing also on the walkway with vines growing around it. It w...
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fredricksburg Herb Farm for 3 nights during the week. I loved all of the little details they put into everything: the chocolates and flowers on the bed and the nice shampoo and body washes that smell amazing! This place was quiet and beautiful. The pictures do not do this place justice. I especially enjoyed mornings sitting out on the porch in the swing and rockers. We also enjoyed our walk around the herb garden and all the beautiful flowers that had butterflies all around. This place has a very small and intimate feel to it. We made friends with one of the cats as we sat outside one evening and I even spoke to the owner who came over from taking care of the grounds to check in with us. This was an anniversary getaway and I was hoping for it to be nice and quiet, and it certainly was. To top it all off, the breakfasts each morning were amazing! They spend time on the food and that is very evident. It even looked beautiful. I highly recommend this place and we definitely plan on coming back!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We recently stayed at Fredericksburg Herb Farm for 2 nights during the week. The breakfast both mornings was delicious. The property is a short drive from Main Street. The little cottages are beautiful and spa like. The bath products that they make there and give you in the cabins are heavenly. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Laurakat
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband & I recently stayed two nights at the Fredericksburg Herb Farm and were so impressed with the serenity and nostalgic feel of the Cottages. The first impression is of an old world property with fabulous gardens and a quaint gift shop - then you leave the country porch and step into every modern convenience you could wish for. The accommodations were crisply clean, inviting (right down to the live rosemary and candy laid out on the bed) to the spa-like bath with sumptuous linens, Herb Farm lotions and toiletries, and the gourmet coffee selections. We were treated to an menu ordered gourmet breakfast each morning and exquisite service throughout.
We will be returning for sure and I also want to take my daughters for some R & R there. Anyone traveling anywhere near this place must put it on their agenda and get ready for a real treat. An absolute GEM!!

Room Tip: We stayed in #7 of the 14 cottages and I can't believe there is any better. All are done with g...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. I'm so glad we decided to stay here, it was a wonderful weekend. We are both in our 20's but I think people of all ages could enjoy themselves here. The Herb Farm looked just like it did in the online pictures. The flowers and grounds were beautiful and our cabin was wonderful. The room was stocked with everything we could have needed and it was very close to the Main Street in Fredericksburg. It was a quiet place, which is what we were looking for. The restaurant was delicious and you get a lot in terms of a free breakfast and brunch. It's not your basic boring continental breakfast like you would get at a hotel. We had dinner there Saturday night, and the only thing I might say is to get there early (our reservations were for 7:30 and they had already run out of crab cakes). I would definitely recommend this place, and hope to visit again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Herb Farm in one of their cottages for a weekend in early May. The Sunday Haus concept is just adorable, and the accommodation was well-designed and lovely. Our stay included massages at the spa, as well as a Saturday lunch. The spa was one of the nicest I've ever been to. To find a spa like this in a small town like Fredericksburg was amazing. The massage therapists did a great job, and both my husband and I were very impressed. The food at the restaurant is top-notch, with a very good menu. We will definitely be back.