“Fun at the farm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fredericksburg Herb Farm - Sunday Haus Cottages
Ranked #13 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
TexasHillCountry
“Fun at the farm”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I spent one evening with a friend at the Herb Farm, in the heat of August. Great A/C and a clean, attractive room made us happy. Wonderful meals at the bistro. Can't wait to go back when it's cooler outside so we can take advantage of the lovely grounds. My husband and I spent New Year's Eve there, and we had a spa treatment which was perfect. Good place!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Elgin, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The cottages are immaculate and cute. The restaurant was excellent, including the breakfast, which was included. We used the spa and had very good massages. The cost for our services were less than you would pay at a chain hotel and the facilities were extremely well kept. I do wish they had a small pool- and as this is an adults-only hotel it would really add to the retreat-like atmosphere. Perhaps the best part is the Herb Shop, which has delightfully fragranced gifts- soaps, lotions, essential oils, etc. I will definately return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at Fredericksburg Herb Farm for 2 nights in July 2013. It is a lovely, peaceful location much closer to Fredericksburg Main Street than I expected when booking, so a perfect location.

The cottages are very quaint, with 2 rocking chairs and a swing chair on the porch, which we used each evening. If you want to make use of your porch in the daytime during summer months you may want to mention this when booking as ours was too hot, being in direct sun. Others face in different directions.

Though very quaint externally, the cottages are very well equipped internally, with a very comfortable bed, sitting area, fridge and an ice bucket that staff will fill for you. There is a modern bathroom with clothes hanging area and large walk in shower and the toiletries are the Herb Farm’s own range.

The staff here are all very friendly and helpful and there is a general feel of a small boutique resort with a personal touch.

We planned to have dinner at the herb farm the first night then eat in town the second night, but, after a day of wandering around Fredericksburg, then visiting wineries and the wild seed farm nearby we were happy to relax once again at the herb farm. The food in the bistro is very good whether it is dinner, breakfast or Sunday brunch.

I would highly recommend the herb farm and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Channelview, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I visted the last of June 2013, We loved the entire experience. We where there on a Sunday and Monday, we knew they where closed on monday but we where taken care of, with they brought us food for breakfast for Monday and the sweet lady in Housekeeping made sure we had plenty of towles.We where all by ourself that Sunday night , it was so peaceful.just us and the cats who would come by and check us out.My husband loved the shower and sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs late at night and early morning drinking coffee.The samples of shower gels and lotions where wonder, I bought some to bring back home.On Tuesday morning when we ckecked out we had a breakfast in the Bistro that was wonderful, the bread they make there was so good we asked for more.We go to Fredericksburg often and plan to stay here again.The room was so pleasing to us, we felt special and at home.Thank you so much.Debbie Wood, Channelview, Texas.

1 Thank debbiee75
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I throughly enjoyed a weekend getaway for my birthday at the end of June. The cottages, meals, and grounds are quaint and quite. We were going to try out other restaurants but decided after the first night's decliciousness to go back the next night. It was the most relaxing and refreshing weekend I've had in a long time. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage #5 that had a nice swing also on the walkway with vines growing around it. It w...
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fredricksburg Herb Farm for 3 nights during the week. I loved all of the little details they put into everything: the chocolates and flowers on the bed and the nice shampoo and body washes that smell amazing! This place was quiet and beautiful. The pictures do not do this place justice. I especially enjoyed mornings sitting out on the porch in the swing and rockers. We also enjoyed our walk around the herb garden and all the beautiful flowers that had butterflies all around. This place has a very small and intimate feel to it. We made friends with one of the cats as we sat outside one evening and I even spoke to the owner who came over from taking care of the grounds to check in with us. This was an anniversary getaway and I was hoping for it to be nice and quiet, and it certainly was. To top it all off, the breakfasts each morning were amazing! They spend time on the food and that is very evident. It even looked beautiful. I highly recommend this place and we definitely plan on coming back!

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The restaurant was wonderful, staff was very friendly. We had to go back again for lunch the next day! The quiche was delicious, the herb tea refreshing and the tomato soup was awesome! I would highly recommend going there for lunch if you are in the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends