“Should be run out of town”

Budget Host Deluxe Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Antonio, Texas 78238
“Should be run out of town”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in in my life. I worked for the Warwick Hotel, Houston, Texas and the Driscoll Hotel, Corpus Christi, Texas Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce should have a long talk with the owners of this motel. Dirty rooms, leaky faucets, smelly room (mold mildew) to many other problems and bad comments to list here.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Adan V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cleveland, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were tired, and got a decent price for a small room, small bed. The a/c worked, never tried the TV. We got up in the morning, showered and left. NOT a resort hotel, but neither is the price. Gotta' rate apples with apples, and consider the price. Worst hotel was in Alaska. It was cleaner, and a bigger room; but it was so noisy we couldn't sleep. The Budget was quiet, but gave nothing we didn't want, and nothing less than we expected.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Don L

Travellers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

Rio Rancho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We checked in at 5:03 pm, I slowly walked to the room using my cane, spent a few minutes in the room, and the smell was terrible, musty, dusty, etc. I slowly walked back to the office and at 5:20 pm asked for a refund because I did not like the room. I was told I was past the 15 minute limit to change my mind. I was shown to a different room, but it did not smell any better. I requested a refund but was denied. We ran the air conditioner on high all night trying to get rid of the smell. Yuck! The brochure lists continental breakfast and a hot tub, but neither was available.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank dixiedriscoll
San ANtonio, Texas, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I had to work at an event in Fredericksburg and this place had the best rate, which was $90 w/taxes. The room was disgusting! I couldn't even sleep because I was afraid something would crawl up on me. We slept about 3 hours and we got out of there as soon as we could. The room and the articles in the room are so old and the smell in the room was horrible. The blankets, chair, and rug had stains, the A/C had dust all over it, the towels smelled as though they haven't been washed. The TV and frig were older than dirt. My allergies were so bad because of the mold in the room. There were people sitting outside of our room drinking beer until 3 in the morning. This place should close down, it's giving Fredericksburg a bad name. I will never, ever stay in this place again. Don't waste your money - the conditions are horrible and not livable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank lunaforever
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

We booked a room to stay while we enjoyed the great fun town of Fredericksburg. Where do I begin about this motel.....dirty, disgusting & cheap. This motel should not be in business. TV reception was terrible like there were rabbit ears somewhere. Wouldn't doubt it. Could see outside when door was shut under and around door. Maybe not big enough for a rat to get in but definitely roaches.Threshold loose & we had to step over it not to trip. Had to turn off ceiling fan at night because with the loud cranking noise it was making I thought it might fall and it was hanging right over my wife's legs. Tub and sink so dirty I think it was originally white but we were not sure. Toilet had small black ring around water line. We had towels you would not ever sell in a garage sale and one tiny bar of hotel soap for shower & sink use. Only roll of toilet paper was used and on holder. No soap in shower bodywash dispenser, shower head was like a hose leak. I have very short hair and had to stand in front of this "mist" for 2 or 3 minutes just to get my hair wet. We decided the missing soap is used to make the office coffee (yuk!!). No room coffee pot so we were held hostage on the coffee. One night price was around $90.00 w/taxes. I have never writen a review but this was soooo bad I am even going to contact "Budget Host" main office. I bet the only reason they are still in business is because they continue to get unknowing tourist who will NEVER be back. Run Forest run!! Told manager or maybe it was the owner about how dirty everything was and he just nodded. Couldn't have given a @#$%.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael60956
Leander, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. The toilet was broken, the hot water in the shower was frozen closed, and there were specks of rust in the water from the sink, it was really loud, and it was $100 a night. Do yourself a big favor and book a B&B for a few dollars more.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason H
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

We called to make a reservation from the road and gave our credit card number. When we got their (1/2 hour later), I asked to check the room 1st since the outside of the establishment looked pretty bad. The room was smelly and dirty. We informed them we would be staying somewhere else. They wanted us to see another room 1st. That room was larger but just as bad. At that point the clerk and his wife informed us we would be charged anyway since we did not cancel within 48 hours! I expressed my dismay and the clerk challenged us to call any hotel in town and we would find out that no one would let us out of the charge. I called and found out they would not charge our card if we did not like the room since that would be bad business. I think someone has to give the Deluxe Inn know this.

We will be challenging this through our credit card. We also informed the police so they could have a record of this practice. I think if you have a similar situation with Deluxe Inn, you do the same.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple