“Excellent Choice for Events”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had our wedding in Fredericksburg last summer (2011) and we were immensely pleased with the way the town and all of the locals went out of their way to assist us. Planning the wedding was so easy and it was undoubtedly the best weekend of our lives!

We had about 300 guests and we had hotel blocks here, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, and encouraged guests to take advantage of all the B&Bs. My family was based at the Inn on Baron's Creek and we were very pleased with our rooms and the service of the hotel. The rooms were clean and very spacious and the hotel staff helped my Mom & I was anything from hotel welcome baskets to extra storage for all of our stuff - this was a "destination wedding". We also appreciated the location of the hotel as it allowed us to get anything we needed and provided an excellent "home base" for wedding operations.

I probably wouldn't recommend this for a romantic couples getaway as there are many fantastic, cozy B&B's and specialty lodging in Fredericksburg; however, if you are hosting a wedding, corporate event, or need a block of rooms this is the hotel to do it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so much for remembering your stay with us and posting a review. I am happy to hear all of your positive examples in the guest service that you received. I hope that you will think of us again when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We wanted to get away on a relaxing couple of days, so we decided to visit Inn on Barons Creek again in Fredricksburg after our last amazing visit. We took advantage of a couples massage, the pool, and breakfast. The bottle of wine we got from the little hotel shop was a nice touch also. Kammie and all of the staff are extremely customer service oriented and very helpful. The result of our trip was a tranquil and rejuvenating two days with no stress. The spa at Inn on Barons Creek was an enjoyable experience. We have very little down time, and it is because of the service and experience Inn on Barons Creek gives us that keeps us choosing them to relax and re-engergize with. A big thank you to them and a big encouragement for you to try them yourselves. I have also been here for a conference since they also have a meeting center, all I can say about that aspect of it is that they are nothing but professional and supplied our every need. I know we will definitely be back again to experience all they have to offer.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. I always love to hear when our guest are able to experience all of our amenities and enjoy them. I hope that the rest of your experience with Fredericksburg was as good. We cant wait to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have stayed here previously and have always had a good time. Not this time...
I woke up in the middle of the night and got a glass of water. The next morning I noticed the glass I drank from was dirty and had lipstick stains all around the rim.
I was disgusted and a little upset, so I went to the front desk. When I told them what happened they offered to give me a new glass! Are you serious? He put the glass away like it was no big deal. It was a big enough deal to write this and make people aware.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Silas G
KammieR, Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw about your recent stay with us. We take great pride in our hotel and always want to make sure every guests experience is enjoyable. I apologize that yours was not. I would like to say that we take all reveiws good and bad and use them as learning tools to improve and maintain a quality level of service that we want for all of our guest. I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence at our hotel and I want to deeply apologize that one of our associates made you feel that it did not matter, because it does to all of us. I would like to discuss this with you further if you could contact me at your conveinence I would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

This was our 5th visit to Fredericksburg and our 2nd stay at at the Inn. Location is perfect can walk to Main St. Even though we have been there 5 times there is always something new to see. My only suggestion would be more variety at breakfast, either way it is good. My wife and I will be back maybe for Xmas. I have nothing but positive comments about the staff. I enquired about peach season and was given a history lesson I liked that, I forgot to put the clean my room tag in the slot, went down told the desk people 30 mins or there about it was taken care of.

Thank you for a relaxing weeking. Tom & Roxane Fredrick

Room Tip: I like the creek side.
1  Thank texastom44

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Frederick,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us a nd posting a reveiw. I always get so excited to share these with our staff as they love the feedback and it encourages them to always go the extra mile. We cant wait to see you at Christmas.
Again thank you for the positive feedback.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel is well located and within easy walking distance of the center of F'Burg. Upon check in at 2:45 PM we were told our room was not ready until after 3:30, so come back later.

We reserved a room in one of the creekside suites. Think "Super 8 with vaulted ceiling" The walls are not very sound-proof. In the entry area of the room with an outside entry door, the carpet padding was removed in a 3x8 foot area near the door, which made the room seem a little like a single wide gone bad. There was a small area descibed as a "Kitchenette" with absolutely no utinsils nor plates.

The creek is kind of a nice view. There are some entertaining roosters across the creek that apparently do not fit my cartoon image of crowing only when the sun rises, but start around 3 AM and intermittantly throughout the day. There are two rocking chairs in front of the room, and that's kind of cool.

The breakfast was pretty good and the coffee was very tasty.

Beds were stiff with WalMart linens, pillows were like those in a guest room of people who don't like guests. Towels were thin, but above inner city high school quality.

Check out time is 11 AM. We received a call at 11:05 asking if we were planning on spending another night or were we going to vacate soon. Really? 11:05? Has the management ever stayed in a hotel? Kind of pesty but in line with our experiences with several of the front desk staff who were such a sharp contrast with nearly everyone else we experienced who are warm and friendly. Management must have searched far and wide to locate staff who were so unfriendly and cold.

We LOVED Fredricksburg and are likely to return, but will find another hotel next time.

2  Thank Kat&John

Thank you for taking the time to posst a reveiw about your recent visit to Fredericksburg and your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your lodging expectations and wish that we could make it up to you. Our creekside suites are not connected to the main hotel and are what was originally a bed and breakfast. We have them so that some of our guest can get that feel and have a little more privacy and better veiw of the creek and waterfall. I would like to note that none of our linens are purchased through Walmart, I am sorry that you felt they were of that quality. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and your encounters with most of our staff. I would also like to apologize that you where not treated with that southern "Texas" hospitality that we are known for when dealing with our front desk associates,because guest service is extremely important to us. We take all of our reveiws seriously and use them to learn and improve our services for all guests. The one thing that is completely out of our control are the roosters across the creek, I am so sorry that you were disturbed at 3:00 am not a good way to start the day.I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Fredericksburg it is truly a beautiful little city. I wish if your travels brought you back to Fredericksburg that you could give us another chance to prove that we are the right choice in lodging.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We came for a few days with my husband's parents. Great place!!! The rooms were spacious, bathrooms goregous. The staff at the spa were wonderful too, special thanks to Margarita, Brittany, and Patricia at the spa. Great location!!!! Close enough to walk to main street. Breakfast was decent. The only 'complaint' would be that one of the ladies at the front desk wasn't the friendliest, but the others more than made up for her standoff-ish nature. We liked it so much, my in-laws have already booked their return stay for their anniversary.

Room Tip: The King Jacuzzi Suite was very nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the Spa as well. The entire staff love to hear when our guests are happy and these reveiws help in motiviating them to keep up the good work!. I am sorry that one of the associates came across as stand-offish, we'll do better next time. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to fredericksburg.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have stayed here before and enjoyed it, so decided to stay again. It has been a couple of years since our last stay. This time we found the beds to be on the hard side. The linens were very thin and did not appear to be all cotton. The pillows were very small and lumpy. It was very difficult for my husband and I to sleep. The air conditioning in our room kept cycling and most of the time it was either freezing or really hot. When my husband told them about it, they did change us to another room. Oddly, the linens in that room were better, but the beds and pillows were not. The AC also worked much better. I like the rooms and the bathrooms. They do still have the old style TV's but they work just fine. I love the sitting area between the bedroom and the bathroom. The desk is really nice, but they need more plugs for phone chargers, ipods, makeup mirror, laptop. We usually bring a power strip, but forgot ours. They might also change to duvet's instead of the bedspreads.
Breakfast is standard hotel fare, with eggs, sausage, bisquits, gravy, make your own waffles, cereal, and either a banana or apple for fruit.
Service has always been good at this hotel.
My cousin made the comment that a hotel is only as good as it's beds. I tend to agree with her about that these days. Most of the hotels these days are investing in really good bedding and linens. It's time for Baron's Creek.

Room Tip: Try the 3rd floor facing the creek. Those are the most quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reveiw about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the beds were uncomfortable for you but glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your experience. The reveiws posted by our guest are veiwed not only by our hotel staff and management but ownership as well all comments are taken seriously and I can assure you that upgrades are in the works. We would definately like to be your lodging choice the next time you visit Fredericksburg and hope to see you then.