“A pleasant change”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Leicester, England
“A pleasant change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

An excellent stay at a hotel which didn't boast one of the well known chain names but gave a really friendly and helpful vibe.
Just off Main Street in easy walking distance of all Fredericksburg attractions with great choice of shops, bars, restaurants and live music.
Good bedroom and bathroom with lots of room and a quiet nights sleep ! Breakfast ok.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to Fredericksburg. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and had a peaceful nights sllep. We look forward to seeing you again in the future if your travels bring you back our way.

Kammie Robertson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn On Barons Creek in Fredericksburg and I loved it. The rooms were very clean and our whole experience was wonderful. All of Fredericksburg was great! Aaron from the front desk was soo much help...We had many questions and he had no problem answering them all. Great fron desk and great hotel. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DKL0687
Thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I am glad that Aaron was able to help make it easier navigating in our city.We haoope that you will be back soon and look forward to serving yu again.

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

A group of us (probably 20 or so) recently stayed over the Wine Weekend. The hotel had convenient parking, walking distance to Main Street shopping. The beverage shop had a wide variety of beverages, many chilled. Adults could mingle in the comfortable lobby, personalizing arrangement for conversation or sit at a 'kitchen table' environment in the breakfast area. Our weekend was chilly for Texas so we didn't choose to sit on the veranda over looking the river or around the pool. Staff was accommodating and attentive. Beds were comfortable, bedding soft, shower hot, coffee and tea in the room. There is a workout room and spa. The breakfast was good enough; sliced fruit would be nice. Staff was always available and very accommodating. We didn't request room service of any kind.

Room Tip: I like being on the first floor, close to the morning coffee. I could go and get refills and get ba...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. It is always so nice to hear when someone has a nice time not only staying with us but enjoying the town. We look forward to seeing you again iin the future.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Booked two rooms for Wine Festival and the Inn either overbooked or just sold or lost one of our reservations. While the front desk guy, Aaron, was able to locate another room for us at another hotel across the street, he was unapologetic about the situation and rude to my friends who were visiting from Europe. Unfortunate situation. This is the second year we've been to the Fest and our hotel (another one) overbooked last year as well. At least that hotel had the decency to call us a day in advance to let us know. Re-booked in another location again with lesser amenities. The town of Fredericksburg needs to stop this nonsense!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank TouristaDeTejas
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay. Let me apologize for the experience you encountered upon your arrival. I have researched this as,I was informed of this situation this morning by my staff. It looks as if there was some sort of confusion with your original reservation booked with Expedia, we did not intentionally lose or sell your room. I was happy to hear that Aaron took it upon himself and was able to locate an alternate room for your group and sorry we were not able to accommodate your original needs.If you are to return to Fredericksburg and willing to give us another chance please book directly with the hotel your reservation will not be lost and will more than likely be a better deal for you.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

This is a modern hotel within walking distance of the main street; although no one seemed to be walking anywhere the day i stayed because of the heat.
If my room is typical, and I presume it was, then the rooms have a separate sitting room and bedroom; very spacious. The windows opened which meant that I could turn the air-con off when it became cooler outside in the middle of the night.
There is a self-service breakfast included in the cost; and this allows you to have a go at operating the industrial sized waffle iron which makes delicious waffles.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and i was checked in very quickly.
There is parking at the front door of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed and were able to experience the breakfast. When your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg we look forward to serving you again.

Denton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

After booking the room online I arrived to find that the desk clerk was no where to be found. After waiting for some time he finally emerged from the back. No big deal. He then informed me that I had no room and that no one under my name had a reservation. I assured him that I had secured the room with a card and gave him the name of the lady that had taken my reservation. He then told me that no one by that name worked there. I started to doubt myself at this point. Had I gotten the wrong hotel? I got out the laptop and found my reservation confirmation. I showed the desk clerk. He said the same thing. We don't have a reservation for you and we have no rooms available. I then went to my credit card web site and found where I was charged for the room. I showed him that he told me to hold on. He then moved two pieces of paper on his desk and magically said oh yes here it is. You already checked in sir. Being that I had just driven 5 hours to get their I was surprised to know how that happened. He was awesome at his job. The next day when I asked for a late check out I was told they didn't have one and that the rate was 50 an hour after 11. Will not be going back.

Room Tip: Get one across the street
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SlyderTx02
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am surprised and disappointed of your experience upon your arrival. I would very much like to discuss this with you further. If you could please contact me at the hotel directly.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference October 9 , 10. Very nice accommodations. Set up for conference efficient and what we needed. Comfortable rooms and beds. Staff was very pleasant and worked very hard to meet our additional requests during the conference. Also, the location was ideal for doing touristy things. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
We know your time is valuable and truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and were able to do some of the touristy things while here for your conference. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.