“Convention Success in Fredericksburg!”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Austin, Texas, United States
“Convention Success in Fredericksburg!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Gary Trumet is the Conference Manager at Inn on Baron's Creek Fredericksburg, TX. We were all amazed and delighted at the incredible service we received during our event. I have been attending these conventions for 25 years and do not believe we have ever received more responsive and thorough service. The town is delightful and everyone had a fabulous time. Gary and his crew helped us with all of the planning for the event and worked with us through every detail. Gary himself was particularly impressive. You cannot go wrong staying here on your own or especially planning an event here. Thanks, Gary!

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant on property but connected us with a caterer there that was out of this...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while you attended your conference. We are so happy to hear that everything was a huge success. I am always so delighted to share these reviews with my staff. Everyone works very hard to try and ensure the guest experience is the best and are always happy when they see that they have succeeded. Gary is a wonderful part of this team and making sure his groups are happy is his #1 priority. We hope we can see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

Kammie Robertson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Harper, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We live in the area and always suggest that any friends and relatives stay at this hotel...for the busy Octoberfest we were once again not disappointed. Our friends were delighted, especially since the hotel was within walking distance to the main street. They felt that the breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and very quiet. The staff was helpful.

I do have to comment on the person that labeled the hotel disgusting. Since I live here I can say that you are very wrong. I can show you some hotels that are very disgusting. As for the bettles, they are all over Fredericksburg at this time. And please remember, if you want something from a hotel employee (or anyone else for that matter) you wont get it when you scream at them. I dont blame the hotel for charging you for the day since you failed to leave at the appropiate check out time. (We all heard your business). Your threats were heard loud and clear.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We very much appreciate them and for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from my visit to Fredericksburg and my stay at the Inn on Barons Creek. It was very nice. Our room was very comfortable. Location has great, just a couple of short blocks off Main. Main and So Washington is right by some of my favorite restaurants. The hotel is part of a shuttle, that for a fee will take you to many of the area wineries. There's a spa on property, didn't have time to use but looked nice. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us while visiting Fredericksburg. We hope the next time you are in town you will be able to experience the Spa, you wont be disappointed.

League City, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2013

To be honest, I was reluctant to stay here. My wife and I stayed here the weekend of Oktoberfest, October 4-6, 2013. We brought my motorcycle on a trailer so we could ride the hills on Saturday. With the reviews being so broad, we were very concerned as to what our stay would be like. We were VERY happy with our selection staying at the Inn on Barons Creek! I have a 10 foot trailer and there was no problem parking it in an extra spot. There was plenty of parking. The front desk clerks were really friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean as well. The "free" breakfast was ok because it was free, it beat spending money when we did not need to. The hotel was less than a minute ride to main street, very good location. We had several couples go with us, that stayed in local B&B's, I think we got the better end of accomodations. I would highly reccomend The Inn on Barons Creek!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank markrich0726
Thank you so much for posting a review about your stay with us in Fredericksburg. We are happy to hear that you got the better of choices. The staff is always excited to hear when they have exceeded someones expectations. We hope we get to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 7 October 2013

DISGUSTING!!!! First I want to make it clear that I am writing this review based on my total experience at this place and not any sort of personal experience with one specific person (although this is part of it).
This was soft of a last minute reservation due to all the other hotels being booked. Nevertheless we made a reservation based on the hotel pictures that seem to fool you into thinking that this hotel is upscale and clean.
COCKROACHES! Yes cockroaches own this hotel. I noticed a few both alive and dead while I was parking but I assumed that this was only outside and that it could not be like this inside.WRONG.
While I my wife was asleep and I was in the restroom a gigantic German cockroach crawled under the bathroom door. I was horrified and prayed that my wife did not wake up. I had to stuff a towel under the door to keep more away. I started to look around the room- under things etc. I found 2 small (what looked like bedbugs as I wish I could post pics on this review) on the wall. Just disgusting.
Because we had nowhere else to go we had to stay the night. We did not sleep barely a wink waiting or a bug to crawl on us.
The cotton blanket on the bed was stained with what looked like urine or some other bodily fluid (again we have pictures)
There was standing water in the tub after we showered for the entire day. It was just a horrifying experience.
What made this just altogether bad is how the front desk manager treated me when I complained. She literally made me feel like I was the problem. She demanded to me that she would not refund my money because they gave us a bottle of champagne (which we did not drink). So imagine getting a bottle of champagne in your room and then having it thrown back in your face and used against you. Yes this was magnificent.
I asked the manager if this (cockroaches, bed bugs, stained sheets, standing bath water) was the standard for the hotel. I asked her if when she went home at night and experienced this if it was okay. If not than why was okay for us.
Stay far away from this dump- by the way you cannot walk into the front door without stepping on dead beetles all over the front of entrance. If the hotel cannot even take the time to clean dead bugs in the entrance why do you think they care enough to clean your room?
WOW

Room Tip: Standing water in tub, cockroaches, bed bugs
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zamora0800
Dear Zamora0800,

I am the General Manager of the hotel. I am sorry but, I did not have the opportunity to speak with you when you were staying here at the Inn. I did try to reach you prior to this posting so that I might hear more about what made you so angry, but I have not heard back from you.
As other readers can clearly see from our other reviews, the Inn on Barons Creek is neither disgusting nor infested with bugs. Each year Fredericksburg is visited by Beetles and Crickets. This is true in all hotels in Central Texas and not something that is unique to this property.
Clearly there is something that went wrong during your visit this past weekend and we would genuinely like to make it right. Please contact me at the hotel at your convenience.

Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for one night while visiting Fredericksburg. Clean, comfortable beds and a top notch breakfast featuring scrambled eggs and sausage among the items. Would stay again and would recommend to family and friends without any concerns.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay with us while visiting Fredericksburg. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it. We strive to try and make every guest stay a memorable one.The staff really get excited when they read reviews and see that all of their hard work pays off and our guests are happy. We hope that we get to see you again if your travels bring you back to Texas!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

When you are staying at a hotel it's the little things that count. Location close to town. Rooms clean but hotel not spotless. Staff not overly friendly no sign of management present. Lounge chair by pool broken. Spa nice but limited availability for treatments.

• Stayed October 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your comments about your stay. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Fredericksburg and were able to do everything that you wanted. The staff strives to exceed every guests experience and we hate to hear when we fall short of accomplishing that. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg you will give us another chance to show you that is what we aim to do.