“Great getaway hotel!”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Barons Creek for Valentines weekend. We were greeted by a friendly staff and a bottle of champagne! The room was large and clean, the property was very pretty and conveniently located to downtown Fredericksburg. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family :)

• Stayed: February 2014
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Valentine's with us and we hope you enjoyed Fredericksburg as well. We hope that when you return to Fredericksburg we will get to see you again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed here a few time now for business trips. The staff is friendly and very helpful when planning a small group meeting. Walking distance from the downtown attractions. Clean, nice sized rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shona B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We always love to hear from our loyal repeat guests. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

First, I would like to thank JANET at the front desk for her insight and help. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and her help was greatly appreciated. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning as well as the scenery surrounding it. Unfortunately it was a cold cold night so we did not know that the town shut down early, but other than that...it was a great place to stay. My only negative was that I wished the exercise room had at least a treadmill. But on a scale of 1-10...I would definetly rate it a 9.5. Also, I did hope to have an actual Jacuzzi, but oh well I really cant complain. It was a great place to spend the weekend and look forward to years of going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate it and we are so happy that you had a great time. I am so glad to hear that Janet made your anniversary more special. We hope that when you come back to visit Fredericksburg that we will see you again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have out annual conference at his location. This year as with years past we were well taken care of. On the day of departure Fredericksburg experienced a heavy sleet storm and it was unsafe for travel. Cindy and Janet worked with me to stay an additional day. These two ladies were very helpful and always greet a costumer with a smile. It is dedicated staff as this which brings us to the hotel every year.

Charles

Room Tip: Thru the years I have stayed in many different rooms on this property. I my opinion there are no bad...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I was happy to hear that you guys had another good year with us. I am also glad that Cindy and Janet were able to help you with extending your stay the weather did get nasty. I also have to agree with you about the staff they are all dedicated to taking care of our guests like you.I hope that you get to come to next years conference or you could just come visit any time.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Inn on Barron Creek recently and we can't say enough good things about the staff and hotel. Everyone was very accommodating and we had a wondering stay. The room was large and very clean. The buffet in the morning was unexpected, however we really enjoyed the offerings. Staff actually waited for us to serve ourselves since we arrived shortly after they had started to close the buffet. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Inn on Barons Creek is a beautiful facility, clean and friendly. Since we were there to work and used the internet, it was especially appreciated that the internet service was always available and performed well. Fredericksburg has lots of things to see and do, so we will be back to work/play again.
Many thanks, Cynthia

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground floor...and it was quiet with a good breakfast of real food
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Cynthia, Thank you you so much for such a nice review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it and that the internet was satisfactory while you where here working. We look forward to seeing you again when you get to come back for fun!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a bachelorette party; we got a few rooms and a bigger suite to hang out in. The suite was a good size for us - had a kitchenette and living room area - but checking in was kind of a nightmare. We all traveled from different areas and the front desk was very rude and unhelpful, almost making us feel like we shouldn't all be staying there even though we paid for enough rooms to accommodate us all. Just a bad start.

They also didn't clean our suite very well after the first night. We had a good amount of trash piled up (pizza boxes, plates, napkins, etc.) that they didn't remove, and they didn't clean the kitchen area. I doubt this is a problem with stays with fewer people, but it just isn't a great place if you're having a bigger group hanging out in one room.

Otherwise, the inn was very nice. Great location for walking to the main street, good breakfast with lots of choices, clean and charming. I'd consider staying here again with my husband but would not recommend it for a larger party.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and will return. I am sorry to hear that the check-in process did not meet your expectations. I seem to recall a large church group checking in that day as well there may have been a little confusion. I do apologize for that and that your room was not serviced to your satisfaction. We do take each review and comment to heart and this helps us improve our service. Thank you again and we hope to get to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg.