“Nice”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Nice”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I'm not a big fan of antiques, so finding a nice place to stay in Frederickburg has always been a challenge. The Inn on Barons Creek was comfortable and much nicer than any place I've stayed in Fredericksburg before. Also the location is great. Some day I'll return (not in the dead of winter) and reserve one of the creekside cottages...although I'll skip the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kdec_austin
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Kammie Robertson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your beautiful Inn. Beds were comfortable and we had everything we need to relax and enjoy Fredericksburg. My wife loved the Spa! The breakfast was wonderful! Our room was in the Cottages just across from the Spa. They were roomy, clean and that tub was just what the doctor ordered after a long day in the shops. I was in town for a business meeting and those accomdations were top notch as well. We had it all in one place nesseled along a beautiful river bank. Just off the main street but not to far to walk to some of the best shopping spots!

Room Tip: The Cottages are the best!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so happy that you loved the cottages it sounds like they were just the ticket to make your stay great. I am also glad that your wife was able to experience and LOVED the Spa. Sounds like you were working you need to make plans to come back soon for fun.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Front desk staff is horrible!! I had read reviews about them but the hotel looked nice and we wanted to try it. There certainly was no good greeting upon arrival and rooms are only average. They are not worth the price. The creek side view was not pleasant at all. I would recommend Holiday Inn before this one.

• Stayed February 2014
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Cinannram,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your opinion about your stay with us. I do want to apologize to you that we failed to meet your expectations. I did actually attempt to call you and left message for a return call so that I could discuss your particular situation further. We take all of our guest comments and reviews very serious and use them for rewarding as well as training to ensure that all future guests receive the same quality service that we strive for. Again please accept our apologies.

Euless, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Barons Creek for Valentines weekend. We were greeted by a friendly staff and a bottle of champagne! The room was large and clean, the property was very pretty and conveniently located to downtown Fredericksburg. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family :)

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Valentine's with us and we hope you enjoyed Fredericksburg as well. We hope that when you return to Fredericksburg we will get to see you again.

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed here a few time now for business trips. The staff is friendly and very helpful when planning a small group meeting. Walking distance from the downtown attractions. Clean, nice sized rooms.

1 Thank Shona B
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We always love to hear from our loyal repeat guests. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2014

First, I would like to thank JANET at the front desk for her insight and help. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and her help was greatly appreciated. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning as well as the scenery surrounding it. Unfortunately it was a cold cold night so we did not know that the town shut down early, but other than that...it was a great place to stay. My only negative was that I wished the exercise room had at least a treadmill. But on a scale of 1-10...I would definetly rate it a 9.5. Also, I did hope to have an actual Jacuzzi, but oh well I really cant complain. It was a great place to spend the weekend and look forward to years of going back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate it and we are so happy that you had a great time. I am so glad to hear that Janet made your anniversary more special. We hope that when you come back to visit Fredericksburg that we will see you again.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have out annual conference at his location. This year as with years past we were well taken care of. On the day of departure Fredericksburg experienced a heavy sleet storm and it was unsafe for travel. Cindy and Janet worked with me to stay an additional day. These two ladies were very helpful and always greet a costumer with a smile. It is dedicated staff as this which brings us to the hotel every year.

Charles

Room Tip: Thru the years I have stayed in many different rooms on this property. I my opinion there are no bad...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I was happy to hear that you guys had another good year with us. I am also glad that Cindy and Janet were able to help you with extending your stay the weather did get nasty. I also have to agree with you about the staff they are all dedicated to taking care of our guests like you.I hope that you get to come to next years conference or you could just come visit any time.