“Great Place”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We've been to many places, but never have we had a hotel call us to tell us we left a shirt in the room AND that they'll mail it to us!
We highly recommend staying at Barons; fantastic breakfast and such relaxing riverside setting complete with cardinals!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A shout out to Cindy and Janet for making sure I knew my rental bike arrived and that they had it locked away for me for safe keeping. About the rest of the hotel, there is always complimentary coffee available which is a good thing. The double bed I shared was actually very nice. There are sliding pocket doors that separate the sleeping area from the sitting area which has a 2 seater couch and club chair. Each area has its own TV! Plus there is a little fridge to store stuff. Bed was comfortable for me, not hard and not too soft. They served a basic breakfast which sufficed. Housekeeping changed towels but didn 't run the vacuum over the rug during my 6 day stay, not that it needed it but it would have been nice. Would go back again if in the area. Went with a group and got special rate so can't say how good a deal it was.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers don't face the parking lot so it seemed to be better if you wanted to ope...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeleneM52
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This would be the 5th time or more we have stayed here and always enjoy this property! Rooms are always clean and well laid out. Breakfast has everything you need to start the day. The grounds are neat and well kept. You can sit in the back and enjoy some peace and quiet from the traffic by the creek. Staff is always helpful available to help with your needs. Close enough to walk uptown and do some shopping or going out to eat.

Room Tip: Rooms on west end may be quieter but didn't notice much on the east end either.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Janet at the Inn on Baron's Creek in Fredricksburg, TX was very helpful on a recent trip. It was late Sunday afternoon and we were looking for a place for ice cream. Janet told us about a good place. She told us how to get there and called to check on the closing time for us. We took Janet's recommendation and had a great time. Janet was delightful as she helped us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friends and I stayed at the inn and the stay was great. Very quiet, relaxing, great breakfast—everything was great. The rooms were comfortable and large. There is a heated, outdoor pool and hot tub.
We definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Outstanding service and fine folks. Clean room with super fine appointments. Breakfast tastes great every morning. Been here many times and always they always do a great job all around. Will stay there again.....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I took my Sister in law & her Mother to Fredericksburg with me. Since I have stayed at Baron Inn before & loved it I knew they would as well. We stayed in one of the suites & it was so comfortable. After a day of shopping, it was so nice to come back, grab some coffee downstairs & go to our room & relax in the living area before bed.

Our last night there we bought a bottle of wine in town & came back & sat outside in back & enjoyed the beautiful weather & sunset. What a memory!

I really dont have anything bad to say about our stay. The breakfast was good, the breakfast area is so nice & big & comfortable. The staff were all really nice.

I also love all the seating areas scattered throughout. I am an early riser so I would get up , get dressed & grab some coffee & go sit on one of the seating areas upstairs while I waited for the others to wake up & get dressed. In fact, the first night we arrived I sat downstaris in the library area & read while I waited for the others to get ready to go out.

Please dont change anything about this wonderful hotel.

Thanks for making this mini vacation a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family