“A very nice place to stay”

Inn on Barons Creek
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Mr Thomas,

My wife, Ginger and I recently enjoyed a delightful stay at your facility in Fredricksburg. Your hotel is comfortable, clean and the staff is helpful and very nice. We very much enjoyed the full breakfast each morning and visited the pool area but didn't get in due to the wonderful cool weather. We have already recommended the Inn to several friends. Oh, the location is great for visiting Fredricksburg as you are just off main street and within walking distance to just about everything.

Thanks again for a very enjoyable stay!

Jay Dorrell
Lumberton, Tx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
KammieR, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate the recommendations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kammie Robertson

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had 14 rooms with 28 people for our SWR Reunion from Apr 28 to check out on May 1. The Inn on Barons Creek was perfect and the hospitality, care, and assistance we received was superb. Gary Trumet is/was the best ever in helping us in every way, from our planning to check out. You are fortunate to have him!!

Thanks for everything, and your hotel and Fredericksburg made our stay one of the best of our 18 reunions--this one being the latest.

Room Tip: Reserve creek side. All rooms are small suites. Reserve the Presidential Suite as a hospitality su...
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We spent one night at the Inn on Baron Creek while touring the Texas hill country and were very pleased with the quality of the facility and the value it presents. Our "room" was actually a junior suite. It was immaculate and the staff were helpful with candid responses to our local dining questions. It is literally in walking distance of Fredericksburg's tourist attractions and best known dining spots. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LouSDelrayBeach_FL
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I coordinated a two-night stay for our group. We had a few glitches, which isn't unusual with 15 women! But Janet at the front desk was very professional and helped work out a few things our folks didn't understand. I appreciate Janet's patience, as some of my crew were a bit overbearing, apparently. Gary booked us at great rates, and even though the Inn was booked solid, Janet rearranged a few rooms to make it work better for some of my friends.

The Inn was lovely, it's a great location, and Janet recommended restaurants that were wonderful, as is the town. A couple of us didn't have time to enjoy the spa, and I know I didn't get to all the places in town, so I hope to return and again stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet. We requested adjoining rooms and learned that most are a king next to two quee...
1  Thank home2wngirl47
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First time for me at this hotel. Loved it! Place was clean, nicely decorated and the staff was very helpful. The conference facilities were really good also. It was one block off the main street and handy for shopping and restaurants. It also has a spa that is available to customers. When I booked the hotel they sent me a 10% off coupon for the spa. Heavenly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is only two blocks from Main Street where all the shopping and great restaurants are. The rooms definitely need a facelift. Our room looked like it had newer carpet, but it had old and worn bedspreads (which I hate in a hotel) and tired drapes. The room size was adequate and great that it included a little sitting room. Included in the room rate is a free breakfast. The food was plentiful, but less than desirable. Scrambled eggs looked and tasted like the powdered variety. Good selection of coffee and tea.

There is a nice pool and hot tub in the back and there is a table and chairs in the lawn near the creek.

2  Thank nialover
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I wanted to see the National Museum of the South Pacific and was looking for a nice hotel. I didn't want a B&B because all I saw had a 2-3 night minimum. I came upon the Inn on Barons Creek and it looked liked it fit the bill. Well, is was far better than that. A small hotel perched over this small creek. There was an abundance of wildlife along the creek - squirrels and various birds. The room was nicely setup and quite large. I really enjoyed the breakfast too. I was completely satisfied with this place and would come back again. Oh, leave at least a full day for the museum - you will need it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the creek have a wonderful view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple