“Poor excuse for management.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frederick Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Frederick Motel
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
College Station, Texas
“Poor excuse for management.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Avoid this hotel like the plague. Onsite manager needs to be trained on his people skills or be terminated. He ripped into my family for not making the agreed-upon checkout time by 20 minutes. I certainly let him have a piece of my mind before we left. This issue is not done, I will be in contact with the owner about their management.

Room Tip: avoid this place LIKE THE PLAGUE
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JimK1961
ReviewsTrip, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this review, 15 May 2011
My wife keeps telling me to stop giving people special accommodation. When will i learn? On a basically sold out weekend, we had one room left at about two in the afternoon on Saturday. We got a call from someone who wanted a smoking room and that is what we had. They said they would be right over. No credit card or anything to hold the room. A young lady came to look at the room and made mention of the fact that her family ran a extended stay place in north east Texas. She said her mother would be by with a credit card in 5 or 10 minutes. We don't ordinarily hold a room without a credit card on file, bu since they were "in the business" we made an exception. It was almost two hours later when the credit card finally showed up. In that time we could have rented the room twice (our last) over without knowing if they truly would ever be back. This is against normal business practice. We held it out of courtesy because they were in the business. We were told that there would be the mother and two adult sisters in the room. It ended up that there were at least six and possibly more in a room with two beds. Professional courtesy again prevailed, as we ignored the over-population of the room and I brought them another mattress and bedding and also many extra towels. We always have more than adequate towels in our rooms but never mind giving extra when needed. Next, they needed an extension cord so I went back to the house, re-arranged some things and lent them one of my personal power strips. They asked for a late check-out to 12 p.m. (normal is 11 a.m.) and again were accommodated. About noon one couple left but shortly returned form the store with some food. After no further movement and all of our other guests long gone we patiently waited until 12:30p.m. I went and knocked on the door and meekly asked if I was getting a lesson in patience, trying to ease into finding out if they were staying another night or would be checking out soon. I was immediately met by yelling and cussing and was basically told they would be out when they were ready.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We spent one night at the Frederick Motel and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff was kind and helpful, the room was very clean, and the place had a charming retro feel. Don't expect new furniture or modern decor, but this is a great value and a comfortable, convenient, unique place to stay.

The breakfast options were mostly packaged muffins, cereal bars, etc., but there was fruit and coffee available.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LAR_91
Desdemona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

George was very helpful in getting us a taxi for the night. As well as advising us on dining. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. if we return we will stay again.

The Gray's

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mkg1984
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

I have visited Frederick Motel, numerous times and I honestly can say that I have never been disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms. Each room has it's own unique deco. that is very charming in it's own way, one can certainly see that the care-takers have taken time to give each room it's unique style. The beds are comfortable, and the service is outstanding. I have stayed in "chains" that are reasonably priced, ( because Frederick Motel fills up quickly) and I always come out dissappointed. Frederick Motel, has it all, charm, and affordible prices.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pisces1962dmk
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

I drive 600 miles every 3 weeks to spend the weekend with my elderly mother. I have traveled the world, and stayed in countless hotels and motels, and I consider this motel to be a true gem. The staff are genuine and very caring. I could stay anywhere in the city, but I choose the Frederick Motel, and absolutely look forward to each and every stay. If I were to encounter anyone who did not consider the Frederick Motel to be of considerable value to a weary, experienced and considerate traveler, I would undoubtedly choose a different locale, because I consider the Frederick Motel one of my many homes away from home. I look forward to my next visit in two weeks.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dpkernan
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

If you want new and glossy, pass on by. If you want convenience, cleanliness, and a retro atmosphere stop here before you get to the center of town. Reasonable rates and quiet. I stay here one night a week. Regarding pets, only a very small dog is allowed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Evant, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

We have stayed here many times and have always been treated very kindly from all of the staff. The rooms have always been clean and if we need anything we just ask and they quickly get if for us. We love staying here - it's like our home away from home when we visit Fredericksburg! Thank you for the years of wonderful service!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple