“Cozy little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Frederick Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Frederick Motel
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Katy, Texas
“Cozy little place”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a nice little property just east of the main drag. Now mind you, this place is old and it does need some work so I am basing my rating by my expectations before hand and also what I have experienced at other hotels in the area. My 5 main needs were met thru staying here; The room was clean, the a/c was cold, the shower was hot, the bed was reasonably comfy and the place was quiet. There was some road noise but nothing serious. Now the room was small so if you plan on spending anytime at all in the room, forget it. There is nowhere to sit and there was only 2.5 feet between the bed and walls. The shower is a box that anyone over 6' 2" will not be able to stand in. The commode in my room leaned 10-12 degrees to the outside wall so you couldn't sit on it. The room had a fridge, another necessity for me, a coffee maker and a microwave all set in a little area of to the side. Management made me feel welcome and waited for me to check in after 8 pm, which I appreciated. I am returning on 9/14 to give it another try. I have stayed at several other properties in the area for about the same price with less success so overall I was happy here. I would rather stay here for $85.00 than the Hampton at $175. If you want to stay in F'Burg, you have to pay the price. In my opinion, when factoring all my needs, this place is worth the cost.

Room Tip: 90% of the hotels in F'Burg are horrendously overprice. If you go another 20 miles, you can stay...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bill B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2013

It was very cozy, I felt comfortable and relaxed. Room was nice and smelled really good. I will recommend this place to all my friends. Very Good prices. Down to earth management. Great place to bring the whole family or just for two getaway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharron_g56082
copperas cove
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It was very clean, neat, tidy. Good Prices. Excellent management. They were very kind to us. It felt like new pillows. The room smelled good. I will recomend this place to everyone I know.
Sincearly,
Mr.& Mrs. Moore

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank awpinkbunny
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Absolutely loved the cottage style rooms at the Frederick Motel! This is one of the first places we saw when entering the Hill Country town of Fredericksburg. It's located right on Main Street with easy access to shops and restaurants, but enough off of the beaten path so to avoid loud traffic, music, tourists etc. Management was incredibly helpful in recommending restaurants, wineries, bakeries, museums, and other Fredericksburg attractions, most of which were walking distance from our room! After our helpful conversation with the Managers (husband and wife), they led us to one of the most adorable rooms I have ever seen. Our stand alone efficiency was super clean, plenty spacious, and incredibly comfortable. Bonus: there was a nice tree covered patio where I enjoyed my coffee every morning. There was also a beautifully shaded picnic area about 20 feet from my front door, perfect for reading and/or relaxing.

If you've never been to Fredericksburg, TX, you have to give it a shot. From the sunny weather to the authentic German cuisine and fine wines, it is the perfect weekend getaway. Just to be safe, I'd give The Frederick a call a few days ahead and book yourself a room. By far one of the most enjoyable lodging experiences I've had in some time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eddie L
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Working in the area, I noticed an ad in the paper for this MOTEL saying it had efficiency apts. I spoke with a women who said she was the owner and assured me they were "nice efficiencies", and the manager would show me a room. After driving for a couple of hours, I saw the motel and was somewhat taken back as it was extremely run down (it was nothing like the way the owner explained it and from the photos). The women manager came to the door after ringing the doorbell, and told me they weren't efficiencies, they had no kitchens/no sinks, no cooking in the rooms because there were no fire sprinklers, the parking was limited and I had to park exactly where I was told, she seemed put out that I was wanting to look at a room. There is no way I would've even stayed there one night much less for a month! The room was small, small, small, dirty, stains on the carpet, smelled bad and they tried to disguise it with cheap spray, there was an old tiny ac window unit that was dirty, there was a small dusty plug in heater, no sink, and old microwave, and small refrig, tiny old, old tv, bathroom was small and damp (no vents) there were so many things plugged into the wall outlet it was alarming, dirty curtians, God only knows how old and what the mattresses were like, the whole place looked dangerously unsafe. Plus, the women manager was not professional or friendly, looked like I just woke her up and she was put off to have to deal with it. When I asked if this was what was in the ad in the paper, she said yes, the owner had put the ad in the paper.

I did not stay! Found another real efficiency apt for less money and much cleaner, bigger, safer and better management. Someone should check into this place, or close it down.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank AllenSacramento_CA

Travellers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

When my wife and I travel we like to stay in non-chain hotels to get the feel of the town. We stopped at this motel, the office was locked, we rang the bell, no answer. So we went to the mexican food restaurant for lunch, came back and the door was still locked. We rang the door bell again, an older woman came to the door looking annoyed that we were even there. We asked about their rooms, prices, etc. She was rude and just kept glaring at us and again acted as if we were bothering her, and she started giving us the riot act about what we could and couldn't do, where and how we should park, she never smiled once. My wife thought something was wrong with her, either she was on medication or should've been. She reluntantly showed us a room. Unbelieveable, it was hot, small, dark and dingy, smelled like urine and god knows what else. The comfort had rips and stains, nothing matched, the carpet was filthy with stains, furniture looked like it was picked up off the side of the road, the shower was leaking. The room was NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS on this page. She saw the look on our faces, and basically said 'you get what you pay for' and slammed the door as we walked out without even saying another word to us and walked ahead of us to the office. Okay, so it is an old motel, That does not mean it shouldn't be clean or that the management or owner shouldn't be nice. Besides it wasn't all that cheap, especially for what it was, and she was wanting cash! Needless to say we didn't stay and found a place much better for about the same price. Just thought it was worth noting for anyone looking for a room that this is not the place to stay.

Room Tip: We choose another place to stay
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 2classy
Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2012

In terms of ambiance and price it's a throwback to before chain lodging. The rooms were smaller with little wasted space, but clean. The interiors are each individually decorated such that they provided a warmth and loveliness that just can't be experienced at a chain motel. It was comparable to staying at a B&B at a fraction of the cost. Each room had all the essential comforts
without the excess. The management was absolutely delightful and made you feel as though you were their guest and not just a customer. The experience alone is worth making a visit to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank johancarl
ReviewsTrip, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We wish more people would slow down and
enjoy their surroundings, whatever they may be. Making a 62 year old motel look and feel like a B&B is no small task, that is why we appreciate nice guests like you. Come back soon!