“An Enchanted stay near Enchanted Rock”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock
Ranked #29 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was like living in a piece of art. The entire property is such a magical experience, that words can not accurately depict the memories that I will treasure for a lifetime...Thanks to Rebecca and her vision of Trois Estate! My time was not only enchanted, but priceless! My dad, sister, and I ran to enchanted rock early one morning and upon our return we witnessed a double rainbow. I stayed for 5 nights at Trois Estate and they treated me like family! They put together the MOST delicious meals...effortlessly! All I can say is that there is something magical or ENCHANTING about that place. Go with an open mind and an open heart and leave with memories and experiences that words can not describe nor any amount of money could buy. You just feel at peace...and happy...!!! Don't miss out on such a magical place if you travel to Fredericksburg!! Worth every penny and/or mile!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Stdrls15

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Rolling in, up the narrow driveway tightly tucked among the clay pueblo style hacienda, one can't help but feel back in time. Expecting banditos, and guitar yielding spaniards, perhaps even spanish food carts. This place has so much character!

The amenities include an outdoor courtyard perfect for weddings, and surrounding the villa are hotel rooms as well as an upstairs wrap-around covered patio. The view, is spectacular.

There is a super huge "barn" that has a bar, stage, bathrooms and dance floor. Plenty of room for more than 100 people.

Room Tip: (note - I did not spend the night in a room here)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Will_Joseph
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Well, then you must go to Trois Estates. The extra drive out of Fredicksburg is scenic by itself and then you get to experience a quiet retreat where you are treated as family.

The view from the roof top bar is worth the trip even if you do not stay. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced for the quality. The villas are simple but roomy and offer your own space to enjoy yourselves.

Want a massage, no problem. Enjoy walking, you got it. Seclusion, you bet.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the larger villas. They offer the best privacy, with large jacuzzi
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is a perfect getaway for someone looking to escape from the entanglements of technology and be surrounded by natural as well as architectural beauty. Don't be fooled by the negative reviews ragging on the service--this is a Bed & Breakfast, with the owner's family living and working on the property. Everyone was nice and accommodating, though definitely casual.
The property has a rustic, southwestern feel. The adobe/terra cotta colors of the buildings with views of Enchanted Rock make for impressive panoramas. The attention to detail of the decor in the common areas--the lodge, the chapel/grotto, the dining room, the grounds in general--is impeccable, though, there were a few places within our room (for example the modern fridge, microwave, and digital thermostat) that seemed a bit incongruous; however, these stood out as convenient amenities. The fireplace in the room was a big plus.
Dinner was incredible--our chef, Elvis, added to our stay not only with his out-of-this-world cooking, but his sociable disposition. Beforehand, I thought the menu seemed a bit pricey... not afterward, though! Thanks for one of the best filets I've ever had!
I would definitely recommend this place to someone looking for a unique, relaxing getaway.

NOTE: As someone with mobility issues--I have poor balance and use a cane, there were a few areas where I needed to exercise a bit more caution in getting around; however, these areas are fairly conspicuous and I found getting around fairly easy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A truly unique experience! The rooms and the restaurant are in charming adobe buildings; rustic furniture, fireplace, a lot of attention given to details; enjoyed an outstanding dinner - definitely the best steak I've ever had; outstanding wines! owner and stuff did everything to make us feel welcome. Check out the underground swimming pool! No internet or cellphone reception - we enjoyed the tranquility of the place :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013

See below. Horrible and unorganized place. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Run down, broken furniture and doors.dirty and unkempt. No place to get a drink or food. There is a restaurant but it is not open. Cheyenne shoes us around. Her dad is the chef. She was about 12. See more below.

Room Tip: Horrible. Do not stay here. Arrived to a rundown and dirty, poorly run dump. We stayed in a windo...
8  Thank torismom8
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Interesting place, neat museum stuff to look at, cool architecture, but ; ...........We are easy going people, understanding of problems and willing to roll with the punches, however everyone has their limits. We have been to hundreds of B&Bs and have never felt this taken. We thought we were going to have dinner at six, watch the sunset from the balcony and spend the rest of the evening enjoying our room and jacuzzi tub. None of this happened.

We checked in to the Bridal suite around 4:00. The cold water in the fridge was nice. The coffee maker in the room was in a very awkward place, difficult to fill with water and plug in. I had to iron my husbands shirt on the floor because there was no ironing board or place to plug the iron in. The TV is in such an awkward place that you can't sit anywhere to watch it. By the way, that's not a TV over the jacuzzi, it's like a fake one. The jacuzzi is also small and made more for one person. Ok, these are miner problems so far. Next we went to dinner at our appointed time to find an empty dining room, no dinner started, no staff no note, no explanation. After about 30 minutes, Rebecca came out and told us the chef had quit and she was going to cook our dinner, she gave us a bottle of wine which was a nice gesture but not good on an empty stomach. She told us to give her 15-20 minutes. We came back after 30 minutes and waited another 30 minutes before they gave us some bread. The main course was finally served around 9:30. The food was not that great, don't know why it took so long. We missed the sunset and did not have much time left to enjoy our expensive room. I had asked the waiter to take dessert to go and he ignored my request. When we were finally able to return to our room I discovered the jacuzzi tub did not work. There was no staff to call anywhere. When I told them the next morning that the jacuzzi did not work, they said "we know', you have to have magic fingers and know how to talk to it. The dinner and room ran us around $400. Never again!

12  Thank tired56003