“The perfect stay”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Corona, California, United States
“The perfect stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We have been on a road trip ( 4 couples. ) we didn't want anything real expensive but I am kind of picky. I wanted somewhere CLEAN. I wanted to feel comfortable. Our rooms fit the bill perfectly .
It was like being n a quaint little home town cottage. I loved it. It was clean and modest country decore. Lament flooring, upgraded counter tops, large flat screen TV . We stayed in room 8. Our group had 4 rooms, one other of the rooms had a nice TV as well but the other 2 did not. The air conditioning was a room unit , it worked good , it was a little loud but did not bother us. We both had a relly good sleep and felt so refreshed in the morning. We enjoyed sitting out on the patio chairs having coffee in the morning.Very friendly & helpful staff. Colorful flower sheets & Towels. Nice little gift shop inside with unusual Tea pots from England. Worth much more than cost! I never saw a bug there ( so thankful ).

Room Tip: If you want a good T.V in your room make sure you ask for one. We had room 8 & liked it. I think...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
central tx
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My brother and I spent two nights at the Inn and had a great experience.Nice antique .And a taco stand across the street for an awesome breakfast.Did have one hang up about the reservation.Whether I made the mistake or them it wasn't resolved very well.I had reserver a double and when I got there all they had was a single .No sorry ,kiss my foot or anything.Every place in town was sold out and they wouldn't let me out of the reservation without paying full.I had contacted another place the day before that had a double but had to turn it down because of the no getting out of the res.Other than that pleasent stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Paul S
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 3 April 2012

A great motel, set in the 50's. Everything was excellent, comfortable beds,great pillows, clean bathrooms (with pink tile), plenty of coffee, quiet area. If there is a problem after 9:00p.m. ( when the office is closed) the operator can handle any problems. Clean rooms and clean parking area. We will stay again and again. Thanks to the owners for everything! Completly updated.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dollyjean2000
allen tx
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I guess you get what you pay for. If your not looking for perks and just need a place to lay you head this fits the bill. Overall is is a bit "tired". Could use things like new curtians, the bathroom one had holes, and for Gods sake please rip out the filthy carpet. Hasn't been cleaned in forever!! I can't say I wouldn't stay here again, the price was right, but I'll go into it knowing next time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lauramil
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We were going to Fredericksburg to climb Enchanted Rock and needed a place to stay for two nights. I started looking online and most of the places were close to $200 per night by the time you added tax and fees. We didn't want to pay those kinds of fees for an inexpensive weekend out. A friend mentioned they had heard Miller Inn was supposed to be reasonably priced and clean. I made the reservations. The inn itself is an unassuming one story motel. We were a bit leery but went to check in. The young woman at the desk was straight out of the south with her charm and hospitality (and southern accent). We went to the room that was assigned us and opened the door to an extremely clean, cottage type room. While the room was not very big, it was exactly what we needed. We were surprised to find a kitchenette with stove, refrigerator and sink in the room as well as the microwave and coffee pot with tea bags and coffee. The bed had a wonderful firm mattress covered with ivory quilt featuring rosebuds on it. There were 4 very comfortable pillows. The skirt around the bed was a type of lace. The whole effect was charming without being too feminine. The celling was vaulted giving the impression of a larger room. Everything was sparkling clean and ready for us. The hostess had turned the air conditioning on hours before so the room was cold when we arrived. There were several chairs out on the front porch so my husband could smoke in comfort complete with a sand pail. The inn is located conveniently on Main Street making it easy to go anywhere. We will definitely be staying there again the next time we go to Fredericksburg! This is the perfect place if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive room with a nostalgic feeling and genuine southern hospitality.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the street are a tad noisier but not so much that it will keep you awake. The...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Neonanne
San Antonio
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night over Labor Day weekend. We didn't have a reservation, and were lucky enough to get a room here. Everyone was friendly & helpful, and our room was very clean and well decorated. I loved the quilt on the bed, the great pillows and the cotton throw blanket. There were retro/antique pieces of furniture in the room which adds a nice touch. We also had a small fridge, and newly remodeled bath. I would absolutely stay here again - it's got that old-school vibe which I love. The carports are really fun! Don't let the rather plain exterior steer you away from what I think is one of the best values in F'burg!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
central tx
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I rented 3 rooms for me and some out of state friends, All of the rooms had been remodled except one, guess who got that one room . You got , me.Other than that is was an awesome place.Just like the old tourest courts ,which I really like.Hopefully next year I'll get a remodled room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends