“Cats Eye Cabin”

and 1 more site!
Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013

If your looking for a truely romantic spot to take your special someone, this is definately the place. 8 miles from town and very private. My girlfriend and I wanted something special and got just that at the Cats Meow. The cabin we stayed in was extremely clean and romantic. Dimming lights all around the ceiling and around the huge 2 person juccuzi bathtub. It was truely a little bit of heaven. If your looking to relax and be alone, but close enough to town, this is the place to go. The pictures I saw made the place look nice, but in person, its so much prettier. We are already planning to go back in December with 2 other couples and cannot wait. The Cats Meow is by far the best place I have ever stayed at. If you stay somewhere else, your missing out on a wonderful experience. The owner I spoke with was more then willing to help me in any way I needed. Great people, Great place. A perfect 10 in my book. Thanks Cats Meow.

Room Tip: Cats Eye is unbelievable!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryant P
kirbyscott, Owner at Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thanks, Bryant, for this review. It's always nice to know that we have met our guests expectations. We're always here to help if we can.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We try to get away every few months and always return to The Cat's Meow. The rooms are very clean and beautiful. There was a comment earlier about not having enough breakfast, well, there is more than enough in the morning that the hosts deliver to the rooms every afternoon. And with a full kitchen we normally stop by the local grocery store to make sure we have anything extra we may need. Then we leave any unopened food in the refrigerator in case the next guests need orange juice, etc. this is to help to owners on the expense of wasted food.

We have tried many B&B in Fredericksburg and this is by far the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. Repeat guests are so important to us as it shows, hopefully, that we are doing everything right. I have noticed recently that our repeat guests are growing dramatically. I think in today's economy people are wanting to know exactly what they are getting for their money and won't be disappointed with their purchase, hence the increase in our number of repeat guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My sweet new husband booked this for the first night of our honeymoon. We stayed in the Calico Cabin. LOVED it. The decor was beautiful and the jacuzzi tub was fantastic. I must have soaked for an hour while I caught up on some reading. The screened in porch was perfect for star gazing, and the bed was incredibly comfy. Being a "cat person" I loved all of the little "cat touches" but it wasn't so prevalant that a non cat person would mind...it was really really cute. We loved in here and plan on returning!
Thanks again!

Room Tip: Sorry...there wasn't a swimming pool...I clicked accidentially....I didn't get a chance to s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I booked the Calico Cabin to celebrate my 14th wedding anniversary, and my husband and I loved it! It is very cozy and romantic. While it is just a bit out of the way, it's not so far that you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. I know that some reviewers complained about the lack of a full breakfast, but I have to say that we were very happy with the breakfasts we were given. They were much better than your regular continental breakfasts. I also booked a couples message, and we enjoyed them. My only complaint abot the Cat's Meow is that the entrance is very easy to miss, especially at night. So, make sure to keep your eyes open for the sign. We would definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We eloped at the Cat's Meow and could not have asked for a more wonderful stress free wedding! The owners did everything to make our stay and our wedding perfect. The cabin was very romantic, and secluded. We loved everything about and and plan to spend many anniversaries here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
kirbyscott, Owner at Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thanks so much for your comments...........that's what we are here for, to take the stress out of your SPECIAL day and do all the work for you. We are so glad you enjoyed your wedding and it was a pleasure meeting you both. Hope to see you on your first anniversary.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Calico Cabin on February 23-25. It was all and more than we expected. The jetted bath tub in front of the see through fireplace was very romantic. The owner's even put scented bath packets beside the tub for a more relaxing bath. We truly enjoyed the peaceful, quiet surroundings and the deer that came up to our cabin. We sat on the porch and had our morning coffee while we enjoyed the view. The breakfast was lite and small so if you are a BIG breakfast person you might want to venture to town to enjoy some of the home cooked breakfasts that they offer. My husband loves a big breakfast so we did go to town I would definitely come back again and would recommend it to my friends and family. This was definitely a place to go to relax and have a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We thank these guests very much for all their positive comments. It's always good to know that we met our guests expectations. They are right in saying we do not provide a big home cooked breakfast. As we state on our web site, we provide a continental breakfast. Much of the time this is sufficient for our guests. We are 8 miles from the nearest restaurant so we feel the need to give our guests something so that they can relax in the morning instead of HAVING to rush into town to get something to eat.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

We had a much needed get away. The cabin was very nice. We had everything we needed. The only thing that we thought could have been improved upon was the breakfast. Not enough is provided for 2 people. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
kirbyscott, Owner at Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

We are in turmoil about our breakfast situation!! After operating our bed and breakfast for about 12 years, we must have thrown away about 2 truck loads of breakfast items that our guests haven't eaten. What a waste!! We used to feed it to the deer but found out that Gillespie county has an over population of deer and it isn't a good idea to feed them. When we reduce the amount of breakfast we give our guests, we receive complaints, and we certainly do not want that as we do not want our guests to be hungry. Some of our guests are not breakfast eaters at all but do not let us know. We are now going to go back to putting a large amount of breakfast on the plate on the first morning and ask if they want a breakfast on the second morning. Maybe this way our guests will get enough breakfast and we will save waste.
Thanks for listening and have a great day.