“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN FREDERICKSBURG” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Inn & Suites

Sunset Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Spring,TX
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN FREDERICKSBURG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

I loved Sunset Inn! The pictures on the website do not do it justice. I have been to Fredericksburg and have stayed at some of the B&B's that cost and arm and a leg and was really disappointed in them for what I paid. We even left one time without staying the full night it was so bad. Sunset Inn was perfect for our visit. Very clean and quite. Nice furnishings with a flat screen TV, fridge, coffee maker and a really comfy bed for a third of the price of other places in town. I honestly tried to dislike this motel and couldn't find anything to complain about. The manager Viola was very friendly and made us feel at home. There is a restaraunt on the premises that I highly recommend. Good food and friendly wait staff. It was nice to come back after a day of shopping and walk right across the parking lot to the restaraunt and sit under the umbrellas on the patio and enjoy a glass of wine before dinner. I over heard someone else telling the waiter how much they enjoyed their meal and that they read about it on Trip Advisor. We will return to the Sunset Inn on our next visit to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Robertsdale, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

New Beds, new Furniture, flat screen tv's. New carpet, paint and art. Very comfortable Bed, slept like a dream. Quiet and close to everything. Also Sunset Cafe Restraunt next door has delicous food. This is where I'll stay when I come to Fredricksburg.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

Seems to be a local owner. Excellent restaurant next door. Motel does not provide breakfast but downtown bakeries etc. do. We will stay there again as we just wanted a nice, clean place to spend the night.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1LovesTravel1
pegleg1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

We stayed at the Sunset Inn this past Saturday. It was everything the reviews stated. One of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at. They even let us bring our little dog Trixie at no charge. She had a great window seat watching all the goings on while we went to town. We went to the Rockbox Theater - GREAT!! If you are ever in Fredericksburg over the weekend, you have got to go.

Don't bother going to the Bavarian/German restaurant at the edge of town. $50 to split a plate, two beers and calamari that was the WORST I have ever eaten. When I told the waitress, her reply was, "Really, I think it's great". Duh! Frozen crap that was heavily breaded and you couldn't even tell it was calamari! Plus they will charge you $4.50 to split a plate. Like I said - go someplace else.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pegleg1
Ennis, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

We were 9 guys on a weeklong motorcycle trip. I planned the places to stay and the route. I called to reserve 4 doubles and 1 single room about 2 months ahead with no problems. They held the rooms and we each payed them upun arrival. Nice simple motel with clean rooms and friendly staff. Not a big place so call early when planning a trip. The price was great at $59 and $69 in a town were double that amount is closer to the normal rates. There is a restaurant on site but we had other plans.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
gypsylady1951
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

I really enjoyed staying at the Sunset Inn in Fredericksburg Texas. The couple that manages the place was very helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and the carpet, bedspreads, curtains and even the shower curtain looked new. The mattresses were nice and firm - I also suspect they were new. I was surprised to see built in hairdryers that are usually in the more upscale hotels. We did not want to stay in a large franchise motel, and the Sunset Inn was perfect for us. It was quiet, the a/c was very cool and you can park right outside your room. I travel with my dog and even though La Quinta advertises pets welcome, the one in Fredericksburg will not allow pets. Sunset Inn is definitely pet friendly. There's also a restaurant adjoining the parking lot that had a great breakfast and we just walked a few hundred feet to get to it. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

My Favorite hotel in Fredericksburg, TX is Sunset Inn

The hosts were very helpful with all my needs (needed to UPS)
esp. since I was stranded without a car. You dont get this service in big cities.