The Hampton Inn has been our hotel of choice for many years, as we have felt that we could always count on good service and a very comfortable bed with great linens in an attractive, clean, and well appointed room. In general we have no complaint about the service or breakfast at the Fredericksburg Hampton.
However, we were very disappointed with all other aspects of the hotel. We were very taken aback by the decor of our room, especially the arrangement of the furniture and the lack thereof. The arrangement of the room was ridiculous! The bed was placed on the smallest wall across from the curtained window (why?) with one loan sofa at the foot. There was no coffee table or end tables on which to put ones drink or snacks should we want to relax and watch television from the sofa. The television was way across the room next to the window on a corner cabinet, which didn't fit the space properly, making the curtain bunch up because of lack of room to fall properly to the floor. The television (in this case) was not large enough for viewing while in bed or sitting on the sofa.
Also, the sheets did not feel like the nice quality that we have had in the past. They came off the bed at the head and bunched all up in the night. We mentioned this to the staff the next morning, but the same thing happened the next night.
As for the bathroom, it had only a shower...not the bathtub/shower arrangement that we are accustomed to. When talking to the staff, we learned that the hotel did have rooms with the shower/tub combination, and that we could have requested such accomodations had we made reservations by phone rather than online. That option should be included in your online reservation site. The shower was very roomy, but contained only one very small corner soap dish, with no room for shampoo, wash rag, etc....very inconvenient!
We have pictures showing different views of the room that we can forward to you if requested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg hotel is located in the heart of Fredericksburg and offers easy access to many popular attractions including the National Museum of the Pacific War and the Plaza of Presidents. We offer free breakfast and complimentary WiFi along with a clean and comfy room and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Fredericksburg
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Hampton Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Hotel Fredericksburg