“Excellent Hotel for a getaway”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hotel is great because it is right on the main strip. The good thing about the hotel is the free breakfast, it is not just a simple breakfast you get eggs, bacon, cereal, coffee and juices. The pool is excellent and during the Texas heat it is a wonderful place to cool off. During the evenings there is a fire pit and you can always buy some wine and just relax. Rooms are very spacious and I WILL stay there again. Only problem is that you can hear people walking around in the above rooms that was my only complaint.

Room Tip: Always try to stay on the top floor so you cant hear the people above you walking.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Recently returned to stay at this hotel and was glad to see that it stilled looked great and has been weel maintained. If going to the Texas Hill Country this is a great central place, it is right on main street, it is easy walking distance to restaurants and shops, great pool and outdoor gazebo area. They also sell several local wines that you can enjoy in your room or outside overlooking main street and the pool. Fredericksburg has several nice hotel but this is one of my favorites due to the location.

Room Tip: Room with a fridge to keep your beer/wine cold.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We've been staying in this hotel 3 weekends every Summer since it was built. Love the rooms. Great location. Plenty parking. Only problem is the staff at the desk has always been rude and the pool looks great but all the family's and their kids from the Sunday House hotel next door come over and it looks like the My Redneck Vacation show.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Recently stayed at this property for one night of rest and relaxation in beautiful Fredericksburg. The property is very nice and clean. All was good until the morning....absolutely NO HOT WATER! My wife and I were both treated to an ice cold shower. I reported this to the front desk when checking out and the response was "I'm sorry, we've reported it to a plumber". That is good, but doesn't help me feel better about paying $165/night for a cold shower. Good customer service would dictate some sort of an offer for a dicount on the room, or at least for a future stay. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We traveled to Fredericksburg for a family reunion this weekend. We usually stay at the Fredericksburg Inn, but we wanted to try something different this time, and we are so glad we did! Upon arrival, our check-in was incredibly fast and painless, and the front desk staff was very nice and professional. Our room was spacious and had a wonderful enclosed balcony which overlooked the swimming pool. This proved to be the perfect place to spread our wet swimming suits and towels out to dry! We had two double beds and a rollaway bed, and there was still plenty of room to walk around in the room. The room was mostly clean although we did find a few things that were left behind under the beds. We did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms, nor from the elevator, and our room was right across from the elevator. (Side note--when we called to get the rollaway bed, it only took them about 5 minutes to bring it to our room!) The bathroom was spacious and the shower had excellent water pressure. There was a decent sized closet as well. The only two complaints I have about the room are that the drawers in the dresser were very small, and also there was no extra shelving in the bathroom for us to keep our toiletries. There is plenty of space for both of those options, so perhaps the hotel will do an upgrade of these features in the future. My husband also complained about the beds--he said they were too soft for him. I thought the beds were comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast is good--waffles, and the first morning they had omelets (premade) and hash browns, and the second morning there were eggs with ham/cheese and pork sausage. There was a good selection of continental breakfast items as well. The coffee was great--they have a robust type, a lighter type and decaf. I tried both the robust and the lighter, and would highly recommend either of them for a good morning pick-me-up. The breakfast area has plenty of seating and is adjacent to a very nice area with couches and a TV. I was appreciative of the fact that the TV was far enough away from the breakfast area that the sound did not interfere with morning conversation.

The highlight/showpiece of this hotel is the swimming pool and gathering area along Main Street. The pool is beautifully landscaped and features a bridge, a fun slide, and waterfalls. Our children are young and we especially liked the fact that the pool is mostly 3 feet deep. Our older son loved the slide and spent most of his time on it. The temperature was great and the pool was very clean. The pool area had plenty of chairs and tables for seating. Outside the pool area there was a nice covered gazebo with lots of seating, a huge enclosed yard space that my children enjoyed running around in, and a firepit with benches surrounding it.

We loved this hotel and will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a balcony on the front of the hotel, overlooking the pool. Also, the handicapped...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SFC_TX
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was our second time to stay at this property. Each time we've used our Hilton honors points and received a King suite with a balcony overlooking the pavilion and pool. The property is on the east end of Main Street, really at the end of all the shopping, but it is so close it is not an inconvenience. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the property is typical Hampton, new looking, nice amenities, comfortable, predictable. Unless we return to Fredericksburg and really treat ourselves to a nice B&B, this will be our choice, once again.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room. The pleasant breeze and shade are very enjoyable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesseh627
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My initial impression of the hotel was quite poor. The agent at the check-in desk was impatient and on the verge of being rude. When I asked if the rooms were quiet, he told me that he does not, "go up into the rooms", and so does not know. In spite of the early warning, I stayed there. The room was large and reasonably clean, although expensive. Breakfast was good and the breakfast area was well managed. Considering the number of inns and b&bs in this city, I doubt that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are some nice balcony rooms, which attract the driver to this hotel, but they are much more ex...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay in Fredericksburg. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Marge Melton, Manager