“Very nice but overpriced”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 17 September 2012

By choice, my wife and I stay primarily at Hampton Inns when traveling across country. This Hampton was pretty much on par with many others in which we have stayed..clean (except for some mold on the caulking of the shower door), comfortable and quiet with good amenities EXCEPT no refrigerator or microwave and no morning paper. The latter we have found to be near standard at other Hamptons. With more and more travelers carrying small coolers with them, nearly all motels of Hamptons class now provide refrigerators and micros. Come on Hampton, get with the program! Admittedly, our room was much larger then many we have experienced in our travels..enough room for a full size refrig, freezer and a dozen micros. But then, we were only paying $134 /night "because this is a tourest town" and you can't expect everything!
To be fair, this was a nice Hampton in keeping with that found nationally. Overpriced, but nice. On future trips to Fredericksburg, I would recommend other venues.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cww2

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed here one night. Overall this is an ok place to stay and might stay here again.

Pros:
Location in Fredericksburg is good, right on Main street near shops and restaurants.

Check in was easy and the staff at the front desk were very kind, pleasant and accommodating.

The room had most everything we could have needed. The internet connection was fast and free.
Room size was great. Plenty of empty space. The king bed was very comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was good and included eggs, sausage, waffles, as well as the usual cold items.

The shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Cons:
The room was VERY noisy due the guests that were staying in the room above us. This disturbed our sleep during the night.

The bathroom was mostly clean but there was some mold on the corner of the shower doors.

We had a balcony room that was a little too pricey.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

When we arrived the desk person was very friendly and helpful. The problem started when we went into the room. The light fixture globe in the bathroom had fallen to the floor and shattered. The front desk called a repair person who said they didn't have a replacement globe and he had to replace the entire fixture. He left and returned and did the repair. After he left I went in to take a shower and discovered that pieces of the globe were still on the floor. I called the front desk again and was told that someone would come to clean up the floor. We didn't want to shower for fear of cutting ourselves. After about 20 minutes and no response I went to the front desk and informed them that no one had arrived and we had been in the room well over an hour and would like to get cleaned up. They said the person that they called was at another property. I was not pleased with that response and said so. The male desk person (not the same crew that was on when we arrived0 responded in a grumpy manner "well I guess I'll have to go clean it up". He did sweep up the mess and followed it with the comment " it was only plastic' in a tone that implied we were asking for something above and beyond.

Room Tip: Check the room before you put your bags in it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is a nice Hampton Inn, (part of the Hilton Chain). The hotel is very clean and the room actually had a clean scent when we entered. We spent one night on a day trip that we took to the LBJ Ranch. I am noting my issues with the hotel in this review, while noting that it was a clean and safe play to stay. The pool is great, however; the hot tub did not work correctly. We reported this, and the desk clerk actually told us that it was supposed to be that way (competely still with no jet action?). One other issue was that we had a dirty ice bucket in our room, it had sticky brown soda all in it. Breakfast was the standard Hampton breakfast. My biggest issue is that it is more expensive than most Hampton Inns. When I mentioned this, the clerk told me that I was in a tourist town and that was expected. I was a "walk in" so I probably paid a higher amount anyway. I would probably check out a different hotel next time I am in Fredericksburg, although I am a frequent Hampton Inn guest and like the chain.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gogonurse
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We just stayed for one night, passing through town. The service was great! The kids absolutely loved the pool. Rooms were clean and large. Breakfast was very good and the hotel was beautiful and very clean. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is a very nice place to stay. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the hot breakfast they offer is good and helps with one of your meals for the day. The pool is nice for your children also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool especially if your have children that will be in the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our rooms were very spacious. Had a balcony overlooking the beautiful pool area. Bathrooms are large with a walk in shower. Very clean. Good breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: The second floor has balconies. I do not believe the other floors have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends