“No star review” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, United States
“No star review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would not stay anymore until you all rectify the fact that monies was held by you in my bank account for "amenities" or "incidentals". My hard copy bill that was delivered to my room was $213 of which I expected. However, when I checked my bank account statement, my bill was close to $280. I was appalled when I called the hotel about this and they said it was due to incidentals and my monies would be returned in 3-10 days. Although I received my money back in 2 days, there is no reason monies should be "held for incidentals" when I didn't even use any! Until this "policy" is removed, I will no longer stay there in Fredericksburg where my fiancee stayed. And, I will ensure that my friends do not stay there as well. I will also ensure that I do not wait for the last minute to book and would rather stay elsewhere. When you resolve this issue, as I am sure you have had issues before, I MAY consider staying at the Hampton Inn. I now ask that your owner/president contact me by email or contact my cell phone of which you all have. But, seeing that i am just a number in the millions of guests that you have, I will receive no call or email. If you have his/her email or office number, I will definitely make the call. It's about customer service....not "let's keep guests' money for a few days. Thank you, Mr. Gonzales.

2 Thank Conrad G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
La Vernia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a beautiful, well-managed property, with a friendly, professional staff. Our room was ready upon arrival and the stay was restful and quiet. That makes staying at this property a treat. The suggestions from the front desk were great. We so enjoyed Fredericksburg, especially the Pacific War Museum. You really do need the 2 day admission. Wow! It's the best structured and laid out museum I've ever been to. Ever!

1 Thank Valirie N
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were booked in another hotel in Fredericksburg for 2 nights that was just too old for us. A quick call to the Hampton Inn got us a room immediately. I think the front desk gave us a deal on our suite but I'm not sure. We walked in to the room and said, "Thank goodness". We didn't need a balcony room - just happy having a larger suite

1 Thank hijeanie
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times, this was the first where it did not have top notch marks. The issues we encountered was a really slow Wireless Internet response time. Also the bed we had was really hard and therefore pretty uncomfortable. The staff is very cordial and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank bayles_houston
Gustine, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This the highest price Hampton I have ever stayed at! It is just as clean and nice as all the rest but nearly twice as high. This Hampton offers no discounts on weekends. I will probably go back to Fredricburgs but we will not be staying at Hampton Inn.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Johnny H
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Checked in and our reservation was somehow not on the computer even though I had the confirmation on my email. We asked if we could have a room with a balcony as an upgrade for my HH Gold but there was none, we got a room on the ground floor which was overlooking the Sunshine Suites next door, we had to keep the curtains closed all the time as people walked by. So choose a room on 2nd or 3rd if possible.
Good parking spot to walk along the main street as parking there is an issue, its a good location.

Room Tip: Not the first (ground floor)