“Great Kid Friendly Pool”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great Kid Friendly Pool”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As several other reviewers have noted, the hotel is a bit over priced but is the best option in Fredericksburg. We have now stayed here twice and the staff is very friendly. Both times, we asked for a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool and outdoor firepit. The breakfast is not good and I would opt for Whataburger instead. The reason for the excellent review is the pool, hot tub, and firepit area. There are rock features, slides, and water pouts which are a great treat for our young sons. If you are in the area on a family trip, I would recommend the stay.

Room Tip: Room 207 has an excellent balcony and view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Josh R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great location, within easy walking distance of the town centre's bars and restaurants. The hotel is well appointed and comfortable. Unexceptional but a pleasant enough place to stay, offering good value accomodation.

1 Thank Ewan1961
Plainview, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel is overpriced, but if you are coming to Fredericksburg it is the place to stay. Have stayed at other hotels there and they definitely are not worth the price. You can walk to the shops and is easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Jodie M
Kyle, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I brought my mother and kids to spend some time in Fredericksburg and chose this hotel because of the pool. We enjoyed all the other amenities, great staff and great breakfast. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Denise M
Ingleside, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were disappointed in this hotel. The Hampton Inn we stayed in previously in New Braunsfels was so nice. This one did not compare. The mix-up in our room reservations (dates) and the fact that we were placed in a handicap room was very disappointing to my husband and I.

2 Thank George & Janell H
Fredericksburg, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would not stay anymore until you all rectify the fact that monies was held by you in my bank account for "amenities" or "incidentals". My hard copy bill that was delivered to my room was $213 of which I expected. However, when I checked my bank account statement, my bill was close to $280. I was appalled when I called the hotel about this and they said it was due to incidentals and my monies would be returned in 3-10 days. Although I received my money back in 2 days, there is no reason monies should be "held for incidentals" when I didn't even use any! Until this "policy" is removed, I will no longer stay there in Fredericksburg where my fiancee stayed. And, I will ensure that my friends do not stay there as well. I will also ensure that I do not wait for the last minute to book and would rather stay elsewhere. When you resolve this issue, as I am sure you have had issues before, I MAY consider staying at the Hampton Inn. I now ask that your owner/president contact me by email or contact my cell phone of which you all have. But, seeing that i am just a number in the millions of guests that you have, I will receive no call or email. If you have his/her email or office number, I will definitely make the call. It's about customer service....not "let's keep guests' money for a few days. Thank you, Mr. Gonzales.

2 Thank Conrad G
La Vernia, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a beautiful, well-managed property, with a friendly, professional staff. Our room was ready upon arrival and the stay was restful and quiet. That makes staying at this property a treat. The suggestions from the front desk were great. We so enjoyed Fredericksburg, especially the Pacific War Museum. You really do need the 2 day admission. Wow! It's the best structured and laid out museum I've ever been to. Ever!

1 Thank Valirie N