“Stayed 2X, won't make that mistake again. Rude staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 6 June 2014

First we were told to move our legally parked truck with the handicap placard displayed, because we were "blocking the handicap ramp". The manager didn't even know where the ramp was until I showed her that it was on the far side of my truck and it wasn't blocked. In the words of the staff, "If you snooze, you lose." don't bother going to breakfast after 9am, there is none. I am a huge Hampton fan but, I will not stay at this property again. We had to move the furniture to plug the tv in both times we stayed there. The only thing this hotel has going for it, in my opinion, are the balcony rooms.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SDBlackmon

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I always enjoy staying at a Hampton Inn, mostly because their service and quality are consistent throughout most of their properties. This one did not disappoint. We arrived a little too early for check-in, so they politely offered to call us when the room was ready. Within the hour, we got the call and promptly headed back to check into our room. Check-in went smoothly, the lobby is nice and clean, and we headed up to our top floor, end-of-hall room (just as we requested). As usual, the room was nicely appointed, simple and clean with a comfortable bed. We loved our balcony, and were initally worried that it would be too noisy, but we had no trouble with noise or sleep quality. Breakfast was good and adequately stocked, and check-out was smooth and simple. We would certainly love to stay again -- can't beat the quality and location for the price.

Room Tip: top floor at the far end of the hall
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cstokely
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice rooms, nice breakfast and nice lobby area. Useful launderette (you need to be well supplied with quarters). Handy for town.

I thought $180 a bit steep for one night, but Fredericksburg does strike me as a premium kind of place, so perhaps that's the going rate.

Fredericksburg itself is very attractive. I wouldn't have minded another night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FreakwentFlyer69
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Everything was great except the breakfast staff. They did not check to see if serving pieces were empty. They had to be told several times to fill the empty servers. The view from the balcony was wonderful. The front desk clerks were very helpful and willing to please.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the lobby is the fresh clean smell. Not an overwhelming "in your face" strong bleach smell. Just clean. When we entered our room, it was the same pleasant smell. We enjoy coming to Fredericksburg to get away from our home town which is 3 hours away. We enjoy the shops, wineries etc. This hotel is on the edge of the shopping district. It is an easy walk. We enjoyed sitting on our deck and watching the world go by. The bathroom was clean and well appointed. We had a shower with a door which I like. I'm always a little afraid of falling when I have to step over the edge of the tub. My only complaint about our room is the loveseat was a little worn and didn't have much support, so it wasn't very comfortable to sit on. Breakfast was ok. I don't understand why people complain about breakfasts at hotels. It usually has more options than I have at home, so I enjoy something different.
I watched the price of this motel at the same time as another that I like and noticed that as I got closer to the date I would be staying there, the price dropped. When I started my search 3 weeks ahead of time the other motel was less expensive. I booked this room about 7 days before my stay and the room had dropped to $40.00 less per night than the other motel. Woo Hoo! More shopping money!
I would stay again. My biggest priority is cleanliness and that was apparent from the moment I walked in the door.

Room Tip: Third floor room had no overhead noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXFlowerLady
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is right at the edge of downtown, and it is close to several wineries. The owner was working the check in desk, and he personally delivered a rollaway bed to our room which really impressed me. The rooms were huge, and each room has a nice balcony. The lobby is pretty and had a nice area for the complimentary breakfast. There is also a nice fire pit and pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seiderjps
Reviewed 24 May 2014

BE AWARE: This hotel is NOT "100% Non-Smoking" as advertised!
Smoking is allowed on the balconies.
There are large cigarette sand pots on the balconies for ashtrays. We had to leave our balcony as others were smoking and the wind brought the smoke up to our floor. There is a sign on the inside of the balcony door that says to please close your balcony door if you are smoking on the balcony, or the AC unit will bring the smoke inside the rooms. It does! People were smoking at the pool area, parking lots and even in the elevator. Also, when reservations were made with the request of a king size bed, no differences in king bed guest rooms were explained over the phone. There is a king bed w/ balcony that overlooks the courtyard & pool, and a much larger king bed studio suite also with a sofa bed, wet bar, microwave & fridge for the SAME ARP 10% off price. Both rooms were $160.55 + 9.63 state tax + $11.24 city tax for 2 people = $181.42 per night. That's pretty pricey and it includes a discount. It's more expensive than other Hampton Inns in other even larger cities. You're paying for the convenience of being on Main Street. But you are also facing the traffic noise on Main Street if you choose to overlook the courtyard. The room was clean, but had no towel racks in the bathroom - just 3 hooks for 2 people for your wet face & bath towels. There was only one 60 watt bulb for the entire desk/ reading area. There were 2 wall lamps on either side of the bed, but if you wanted to work/read at the desk, there wasn't enough light. Breakfast was mediocre. There was a line waiting for more scrambled eggs to be made. People left. No meat. Mini muffins were dry. Great city, but I will look elsewhere for better accommodations at that price.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard/pool are noisier and more expensive. Go online first to preview gues...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple