“Cant Be Beat...”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Austin,TX
“Cant Be Beat...”
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Great Hotel...great location to downtown...minutes away...room was clean, had furniture?, biggest room for the money...,breakfast was comparable to average hotel breakfast. Downtown has a lot to offer for breakfast...going back for OctoberFest to same hotel. I would recommed balcony room to see local traffic and to "people watch".

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Our 3 night stay at this Hampton was full of surprises. When we walked
into our large room, my husband called downstairs to the front desk to
ask where the furniture was. We had a desk with a straight-backed chair
and another desk chair and a chest with a flat screened T.V. To watch
television, we had to sit in one of these ridiculous chairs. The air-conditioner ran either freezing cold or if you lowered it, the room was hot.
It seemed to have no thermostat and during out stay, it was 101 degrees
every day. I have to say the bathroom was very nice and so is the outside
pool area. When we got our bill, our $139 room rate had almost $20 in
state and local taxes added to it for the first night and the room rate rose
on Friday and Saturday night to $159 with the same $20 taxes bringing
our total 3 night stay to over $500. Was it worth it? I don't think so. There
was plenty of room for at least one comfortable chair or a small couch
but we had to spend 3 days sitting bolt upright or get into bed to watch
T.V. There are plenty of other places to stay in Fredericksburg. We will
try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
The Great State of Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2009

This is a beautiful hotel. The pool with the waterslide and waterfall is the best ever!. We had a great time. There is a gazebo and picnic area - excellent. The shower was HUGE and so was the room. We loved it and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Gordon, TX
Reviewed 14 June 2009

The Hampton at Fredericksburg is fantastic. Went with my 14 year old granddaughter and we had a great time. Close to shopping and restaurants. The pool area is wonderful, with changing colors of fountains. Very relaxing and clean. Am returning tomorrow with my 10 year old granddaughter and one of her friends. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
P'cola
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Being a tourist that comes in to Fredericksburg 3 to 4 times a year and loves to walk the streets and see all the little shopes, this time was a little different. We normally stay at a different hotel but this time we wanted a change, so we booked to stay at the hampton. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the staff was great, all of them from the front desk person to the house keeping. They all smiled and made us feel like friends instead of guest. This made my trip even better, the view is great. The rooms are great, I cannot wait till it is warmer so I can go enjoy the pool and hottub! It is a very peaceful place to go and just sit and read a book or look at the sky or do nothing. This was the best trip to FREDERICKSBURG in many many years, and I really believe that staying at the hampton is what put it over the edge!

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SarahEmary
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2009

We were looking for a quiet New Years eve alternative destination, so we decided to head to Fredericksburg, TX. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to downtown and frankly because it's the nicest hotel in Fredericksburg. We have stayed at this hotel several times before and it is consistently a pleasant place to stay. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, modern and quiet. The staff are always available to help whether you need a restaurant referral or a wine corkscrew brought to the room. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Fredericksburg for a weekend.

• Liked — room size, location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Celeste85
Central Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2008

This newly opened hotel looks appealing compared to some other places to stay in Fredericksburg, but, the new is offputting because most people go to Fredericksburg for the antiques and old time charm. But, this hotel has to represent the one of my most negative experiences. Everything was as expected from a chain hotel until the morning of checkout. We were leisurely sleeping in on a Saturday morning, we checked the back of the door in the room and it said the check out time was 12 noon, so we, said no hurries and went back to sleep. The housekeeper began to bang on our door every 10 minutes from 10 am on. At 10:45 the front desk called our room to ask if we needed extra time this morning. We replied that the door said the checkout was 12 pm. They replied very unapologetically that they knew the posted checkout time was noon, and they were planning to get that detail changed, but we needed to leave by 11:00 as that was the checkout time. My husband said okay and we started getting our stuff together. It ruined my day to have to rush and deal with such rude innkeepers. The housekeeper returned to bang on our door three more times. We left in such a hurry, I forgot things I'd left in the closet, when I called back to ask them to send my left items to me, they said they'd never found them. I am Hilton Honors and have written to them about their satisfaction guarantee. For business travel, at a convention hotel, one might expect to be treated this way, but this place is just plain rude for a tourist destination where everyone goes there for the ambiance and German Hospitality. I've been a lot of places, and I've even stretched a few checkout times before. I promise these guys were rude.

Stayed October 2008